As appeared in Daily Journal
Software company SAP AG has announced plans to purchase SuccessFactors Inc., a cloud computing company, for $3.4 billion.
When asked about the recent increase in deal activity in the cloud computing sector, Kaye Scholer Corporate Partner Diane Frankle said, “I think that the real push here is that mobile computing has really taken off, so people have to be able to show that they have the cloud capability.”
“Cloud capability is essential for software applications now, and applications software companies who don’t have the capability will be buying it. I think you will see more deals in this space in the next year,” she added.
Frankle concluded, “It is a good time to be a cloud company.”
Also of Interest
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Using Technology Service Providers Is No Silver Bullet November 7, 2016 • Articles
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Bregal, Motion Equity in Morrison Utility Services Sale November 7, 2016 • Client Successes
- Pitfalls of Present-Day Contracts: Hyperlinked Contract Terms November 7, 2016 • Articles