As appeared in Daily Journal
Software company SAP AG has announced plans to purchase SuccessFactors Inc., a cloud computing company, for $3.4 billion.
When asked about the recent increase in deal activity in the cloud computing sector, Kaye Scholer Corporate Partner Diane Frankle said, “I think that the real push here is that mobile computing has really taken off, so people have to be able to show that they have the cloud capability.”
“Cloud capability is essential for software applications now, and applications software companies who don’t have the capability will be buying it. I think you will see more deals in this space in the next year,” she added.
Frankle concluded, “It is a good time to be a cloud company.”
Also of Interest
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts