As appeared in Daily Journal
Software company SAP AG has announced plans to purchase SuccessFactors Inc., a cloud computing company, for $3.4 billion.
When asked about the recent increase in deal activity in the cloud computing sector, Kaye Scholer Corporate Partner Diane Frankle said, “I think that the real push here is that mobile computing has really taken off, so people have to be able to show that they have the cloud capability.”
“Cloud capability is essential for software applications now, and applications software companies who don’t have the capability will be buying it. I think you will see more deals in this space in the next year,” she added.
Frankle concluded, “It is a good time to be a cloud company.”
Also of Interest
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes