As appeared in CIO.com
Many global IT service providers have recently been focused on sustainability projects. CIO.com recently examined whether these efforts are important to IT outsourcing buyers.
According to Partner William Tanenbaum, Chair of Kaye Scholer’s Green Tech, IP and Outsourcing Groups, “Customers often want energy efficient IT when they are outgrowing their data centers and face increased real estate costs for adding a new center.”
"They can avoid these increased costs if they can get more IT horse power out of existing data centers, and they can reduce the costs of running the existing facilities... by using virtualization, internal smart grids and other advanced technologies,” Tanenbaum added.
Also of Interest
- Shape of Things to Come: Protecting Product Configuration and Packaging Design September 26, 2016 • Articles
- On the Road to a Safe and Secure Internet of Things: What Companies Should Do September 19, 2016 • Articles
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- UNITED STATES: Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015 Strengthens... August 23, 2016 • Articles
- UNITED STATES: Phantom Mark Depicting Arrangement of Numerical Financial Data... August 23, 2016 • Articles
- Daily Journal Names Malecek Among the “Top 75 Intellectual Property Litigators” August 17, 2016 • Recognitions
- Best Lawyers 2017 Recognizes 41 Kaye Scholer Lawyers August 15, 2016 • Recognitions
- 3D Printing: New Life Sciences Technology and Old Product Liability Claims August 1, 2016 • Articles