As appeared in Hollywood Reporter
4Kids Entertainment, a US distributor of Japanese kids animation (including TV series Yu-Gi-Oh!) recently received an $8 million settlement and retained distribution rights, after successfully battling accounting charges brought by Yu-Gi-Oh!’s creators.
According to Partner Paul Llewellyn and the rest of the Kaye Scholer lawyers representing 4Kids in this matter, "The settlement provides much needed liquidity and lifts the cloud on title on the Debtors’ most significant asset, the Yu-Gi-Oh! license, thus greatly improving the Debtors’ reorganization prospects.”
Kaye Scholer’s winning legal team consisted of Special Counsel Fred Yerman, Partner Paul Llewellyn, and associates Jessica Malkin and Kyle Gooch (Litigation); Partner Tyler Nurnberg, Counsel Matthew Micheli and Associate Seth Kleinman (Bankruptcy & Restructuring); and Partner Rory Greiss and Associate Tess Fang (Corporate).
Also of Interest
- And Now A Word From The Panel: 3 Alternatives To MDLs September 28, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Shape of Things to Come: Protecting Product Configuration and Packaging Design September 26, 2016 • Articles
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- On the Road to a Safe and Secure Internet of Things: What Companies Should Do September 19, 2016 • Articles
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Druckenbrodt Quoted in Bloomberg on Volkswagen Dieselgate September 14, 2016 • Media Mentions