As appeared in Hollywood Reporter
4Kids Entertainment, a US distributor of Japanese kids animation (including TV series Yu-Gi-Oh!) recently received an $8 million settlement and retained distribution rights, after successfully battling accounting charges brought by Yu-Gi-Oh!’s creators.
According to Partner Paul Llewellyn and the rest of the Kaye Scholer lawyers representing 4Kids in this matter, "The settlement provides much needed liquidity and lifts the cloud on title on the Debtors’ most significant asset, the Yu-Gi-Oh! license, thus greatly improving the Debtors’ reorganization prospects.”
Kaye Scholer’s winning legal team consisted of Special Counsel Fred Yerman, Partner Paul Llewellyn, and associates Jessica Malkin and Kyle Gooch (Litigation); Partner Tyler Nurnberg, Counsel Matthew Micheli and Associate Seth Kleinman (Bankruptcy & Restructuring); and Partner Rory Greiss and Associate Tess Fang (Corporate).
Also of Interest
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- What’s Really Remarkable about the Appeals Court Ruling on the CFPB October 20, 2016 • Articles
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Winning the War: Strategies for Prevailing in Consumer Fraud and False Advertising... October 17, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- 3D Printing: New Legal Issues Emerge with the Technology’s Revolutionary Potential October 10, 2016 • Articles
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- Antitrust Jurisprudence in the Second Circuit October 1, 2016 • Articles
- And Now A Word From The Panel: 3 Alternatives To MDLs September 28, 2016 • Articles