As appeared in Global Competition Review
In a significant win for the US DOJ’s Antitrust Division, a federal jury convicted AU Optronics and two of that company’s executives of colluding with its competitors to fix the price of LCD monitors.
According to Kaye Scholer Partner Saul Morgenstern, who co-leads the Firm’s Antitrust group, “As a general matter, anytime the DoJ goes to trial on a criminal matter and wins, it sends a message to the community that there can be serious consequences for violating the antitrust laws. And when there are verdicts against individuals, that message in enhanced.”
“The jury’s conviction of the individuals in this case is significant, given the division’s recent losses in jury trials against individuals, including in the DRAM investigation,” Morgenstern added.
Also of Interest
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Bregal, Motion Equity in Morrison Utility Services Sale November 7, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Biohaven on Oversubscribed Private Financing November 4, 2016 • Client Successes
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions
- Compliance Berater Publishes Jungermann Article on Antitrust Follow-On Issues November 1, 2016 • Articles
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions
- Maier Plans Emergency Response with Fort Meade and Fort Detrick Commanders October 20, 2016 • Client Successes
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions