As appeared in The Deal
The Deal examined the expected impact of the recent Supreme Court healthcare reform law decision upon M&A.
According to Kaye Scholer Senior Corporate Partner Joel Greenberg, “Provisions such as the prohibition on denying coverage for pre-existing conditions, the employer mandate and exchanges that allow individuals to buy coverage more affordably will be drivers of M&A or private equity investment, too.”
"More private money will be flowing into the system but that money comes with a lot of cost pressure because you have to assume the people coming will be looking for lower-cost options. People who can afford rich plans already have them," he added.
"We're going to see a lot of activity surrounding people who specialize in controlling the costs of medical care," Greenberg explained, listing businesses such as radiology providers or even emergency room services at community hospitals as sample targets for investment.
“These kinds of businesses have the classic elements for private equity: identifiable opportunities that can be achieved with good management and cost controls and opportunities for expansion, all of which can produce a lot of value,” Greenberg concluded.
Also of Interest
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- The Strategic View—Aviation UK November 17, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Using Technology Service Providers Is No Silver Bullet November 7, 2016 • Articles
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Bregal, Motion Equity in Morrison Utility Services Sale November 7, 2016 • Client Successes