As appeared in The Deal
The Deal examined the expected impact of the recent Supreme Court healthcare reform law decision upon M&A.
According to Kaye Scholer Senior Corporate Partner Joel Greenberg, “Provisions such as the prohibition on denying coverage for pre-existing conditions, the employer mandate and exchanges that allow individuals to buy coverage more affordably will be drivers of M&A or private equity investment, too.”
"More private money will be flowing into the system but that money comes with a lot of cost pressure because you have to assume the people coming will be looking for lower-cost options. People who can afford rich plans already have them," he added.
"We're going to see a lot of activity surrounding people who specialize in controlling the costs of medical care," Greenberg explained, listing businesses such as radiology providers or even emergency room services at community hospitals as sample targets for investment.
“These kinds of businesses have the classic elements for private equity: identifiable opportunities that can be achieved with good management and cost controls and opportunities for expansion, all of which can produce a lot of value,” Greenberg concluded.
Also of Interest
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes