As seen in Seeking Alpha’s “Resurgent M&A: Brand Crises, New Antitrust Pressures Lie Ahead”
Seeking Alpha reports that mergers and acquisitions activity has risen sharply over the past year, primarily due to an increase in strategic acquisitions targeting growth and diversification. Recent examples include AT&T’s proposed purchase of DirecTV and Facebook’s acquisition of WhatsApp.
According to Kaye Scholer Partner Mel Cherney, Co-Chair of the firm’s Corporate Department, "The return of the strategic acquirer has affected not only public targets, but also transactions involving private equity controlled targets. Strategic acquirers have reemerged as the third major source of potential acquirers, joining IPOs and other private equity purchasers."
Also of Interest
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Bregal, Motion Equity in Morrison Utility Services Sale November 7, 2016 • Client Successes
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions
- Term Sheets and Tech Deals: Key Considerations Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Winning the War: Strategies for Prevailing in Consumer Fraud and False Advertising... October 17, 2016 • Articles