As seen in Compliance Week’s “When Revenue Recognition and Executive Pay Collide”
Kaye Scholer Executive Compensation & Employee Benefits Partner Jeff London was quoted in Compliance Week’s “When Revenue Recognition and Executive Pay Collide.” The article focuses on the new revenue recognition standard that the Financial Accounting Standard Board adopted last year—the article calls the standard a “tectonic shift in accounting”—and public companies’ expected implementation of policies to comply with it.
The standard, set to take affect at the beginning of 2017, changes the definition of “revenue,” which could have consequences for executive compensation packages. Jeff says few companies thus far have dived into an in-depth compensation analysis of how the standard will affect pay programs.
“There are things on the horizon that are much more urgent. The accounting standards rules have been somewhat falling to the wayside because nobody thinks it’s a crisis.”
Also of Interest
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Funds Liable for ERISA Liabilities of Portfolio Companies: The Latest Sun Capital Decision April 6, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Directors Must Exercise Business Judgment in Approving an Executive Compensation Transaction... March 23, 2016 • Articles
- NASDAQ Proposes Golden Leash Disclosure Rule March 23, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Represents Fremont in Equity Investment in Process Displays January 22, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Robertson Fuel Systems on Sale to HEICO December 23, 2015 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Represents Novartis in Admune Acquisition October 27, 2015 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Represents Wheels Up in New Capital Round September 29, 2015 • Client Successes