Chair of the Finance Department and Head of the Structured Finance Practice, Henry Morriello, and Partner in Kaye Scholer’s Finance Department, Lawton Camp, spoke recently with Structured Credit Investor (SCI) regarding how institutional investors boost marketplace lending securitization. In the article, Morriello and Camp comment on how marketplace lending securitization is set for takeoff, fueled by the proliferation of online lending platforms and an influx of institutional investor capital. The article notes, however, that increased visibility around credit criteria and better representation and warranties are necessary for the asset class to become mainstream.
"Technology start-ups are bringing incredible energy to the credit market. Marketplace lending platforms are highly motivated and will continue to grow in size as consumers recognize their utility," said Camp.
Morriello added, "The concept of using technology to bypass traditional methods to originate loans is attractive and there is a great need for this from under-served borrowers. The marketplace lending industry is only two or three years old, but it is growing at a rapid rate."
Also of Interest
- What’s Really Remarkable about the Appeals Court Ruling on the CFPB October 20, 2016 • Articles
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Asghar Quoted in Airfinance Journal on Iran Aseman Airlines October 10, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer Advises The Mortgage Lender on £250 Million Warehouse Financing September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes