German publication Deal Magazin mentions Kaye Scholers’ ongoing role as advisor of Hatfield Philips International Limited as special loan servicer of the Karstadt Kompakt Loan and features the latest sales of two former Hertie department store properties that formed part of this portfolio.
London Bankruptcy & Restructuring partner David von Saucken and Associate Manuela Krach have been advising HPI since the loan held as the remaining part of the Deco 7 securitisation came into special servicing back in 2010. Since then, von Saucken and Krach have advised HPI on all issues that have arisen in winding down this portfolio. This included the negotiation with the Dutch bankruptcy trustees, successful creditor filings for German secondary proceedings and litigation to recover unpaid rents from the estate of Hertie Warenhaus GmbH.
Of the originally 56 department store buildings that were vacated in 2008-09, a total of 26 have been sold to date with Kaye Scholers involvement.
Read the Deal Magazin article here (in German).
Also of Interest
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Kaye Scholer Receives Legal Aid Society’s Pro Bono Publico Award November 4, 2016 • Recognitions
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Succeeds on Behalf of Term Loan Lenders in Defeating Confirmation... October 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- New LSTA Par/Near Par Delayed Compensation Regime August 31, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Following Five-Day Trial, Kaye Scholer Secures Win for Medicalgorithmics August 25, 2016 • Client Successes
- Primoff Named Best in Insolvency & Restructuring at Americas Women in Business Law Awards August 22, 2016 • Recognitions