Fintech team member and corporate counsel Greg Xethalis was quoted extensively in Bitcoin Magazine’s wrap-up of the firm’s recent "Bitcoin—A Disruptive Force in the Financial Landscape" seminar.
In addition to other notable names in the fintech world such as the co-founders of Gemini, president Cameron Winklevoss and CEO, Tyler Winklevoss. Kathleen Moriarty was noted as a moderator.
On Kaye Scholer’s decision to host the event, Xethalis stated, “Kaye Scholer is a market leader in representing companies and entrepreneurs in the fintech space. Kathleen Moriarty and I joined that fintech team in July and are bringing our own Bitcoin and blockchain expertise to bear in New York, Silicon Valley and beyond. The event was an opportunity to introduce our practice, and Bitcoin itself, to Kaye Scholer clients who are in the process of learning what Bitcoin will mean for Wall Street, both as an asset class and a technology.”
On Gemnini's participation, Xethalis added, “While trading professionals certainly would have an interest, it wasn’t a Gemini pitch so much as a Bitcoin informational session.”
He closed, “Tonight was intended to be an introduction to Bitcoin as an asset and technology. We are hosting a roundtable on November 5th that will include panelists from premier Wall Street companies that are exploring the blockchain and investors in blockchain-focused companies. That seminar will focus on the financial systems adoption of blockchain technologies for routine and complicated financial transactions.”
Also of Interest
- SEC Adopts New Rules: Fund Liquidity, Reporting and Disclosure, and “Swing Pricing” December 6, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Golodner Quoted in IFLR on Proposed NYS Digital Security Laws November 29, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- The Strategic View—Aviation UK November 17, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Who’s the Lender? Two “True Lender” Cases with Implications for Marketplace Platforms November 10, 2016 • Client Alerts