» Alison King, Pro Bono Counsel and Co-Chair of the firm’s Pro Bono Committee, chats with PBI on the firm's pro bono program & structure, best practices & how the firm celebrates pro bono.
Pro Bono Counsel Alison King is featured in Pro Bono Institute’s monthly Pro Bono Happy Hour Podcast on the structure of Kaye Scholer’s pro bono program, pro bono best practices and what is on the horizon for Kaye Scholer’s pro bono program. The podcast series includes a collection of lively conversations about law firm pro bono news, infrastructure and best practices.
In her interview, King stresses the importance of finding matters that will have the biggest impact on the community, and matching those matters to lawyers with the most relevant interests and experience.
On how the Kaye Scholer pro bono program operates, King explains:
“We have a very active Pro Bono Committee made up of associates, counsel and partners who develop and promote our existing program. Many of the attorneys also take on leadership roles where they run our different practice areas within pro bono. Our main practice areas are the death penalty defense project, the immigration project, the transgender name change project and the tax exempt organizations project. Those are the matters that most of our attorneys are involved with at some point during their development as junior associates, and we use those different projects to run programs through the year, but also specifically for summer associates.”
Also of Interest
- Harty Receives Lawyers Alliance 2016 Cornerstone Award November 18, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Receives Legal Aid Society’s Pro Bono Publico Award November 4, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Named a Law360 Pro Bono Firm of the Year October 4, 2016 • Recognitions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Summer Associates Successfully Assist Transgender Clients July 27, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Pro Bono Victory for Father Falsely Accused of Child Abuse July 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Chicago Team Receives 2016 Award for Excellence in Pro Bono Service May 25, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Are “Prevailing Parties” in Transgender Birth Certificate Case... May 10, 2016 • Client Successes
- Assad Rajani Awarded Two California Pro Bono Distinctions April 26, 2016 • Recognitions