The Wall Street Journal profiled Corporate partner Kathleen Moriarty in an article highlighting her long career as a top lawyer in the Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) sector, her intent to convince regulators that a bitcoin ETF is appropriate for the market, and the future of the industry.
In the interview, Moriarty discusses her history with ETFs, beginning when she served as lead counsel behind the very first ETF, SPDR (pronounced “Spider”), listed on AMEX in 1993. Since then, she has spent more than two decades winning regulators’ approval for new varieties of ETFs. Her ability to navigate the often complex rules that govern financial markets allowed her to build a strong reputation and earned her the nickname “Spider Woman.” Today, Moriarty is involved with bringing a bitcoin ETF to the market.
“If you’re going to try to do something unique and novel in that space, you’re going to call Kathleen,” said Jim Ross, who heads State Street Global Advisors’ line of SPDR ETFs.
On what lies ahead for Moriarty, she explained: "I tend to concentrate on more exotic products.
Zero of my plans include retirement.”
Also of Interest
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- Kaye Scholer Advises The Mortgage Lender on £250 Million Warehouse Financing September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes