The German language publication WirtschaftsWoche recently interviewed Frankfurt-based Litigation partner Dr. Hans-Joachim Fritz in “US Visa—Do Not Try to Outsmart the System by Using a Second Passport.” The article explores the special aspects of entering the United States since the implementation of more stringent conditions in the beginning of 2016.
In the article, Fritz explains the details of the Visa Waiver Program’s stricter rules, including the necessity to obtain business visas to travel on business purposes. He notes the special consideration of persons having travelled to several countries in Northern Africa and the Middle East, such as Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Syria, Liberia, Somalia, Yemen or Saudi-Arabia , after March 2011 and who are not allowed to participate in the Visa Waiver Program.
Fritz further points out that a person still cannot apply for participation in the Visa Waiver Program by presenting a second, “clean” passport—one that has no entry and exit stamps from the visa-free countries referred to in the new restrictions—due to the fact that when applying for participation in the program all questions regarding previous journeys to the US as well as to other countries must be answered truthfully.
Fritz regularly handles procedures for issuing business visas for professionals and managers at the US Consulate General in Frankfurt, which are done quickly and smoothly.
Also of Interest
- And Now A Word From The Panel: MDL Venue Choices November 30, 2016 • Articles
- Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association Honors Waks November 17, 2016 • Recognitions
- Second Circuit Expands Split on Nominative Fair Use November 16, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Lattanzio Receives NYSBA Pro Bono Award November 3, 2016 • Recognitions
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Succeeds on Behalf of Term Loan Lenders in Defeating Confirmation... October 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions