The German language publication WirtschaftsWoche recently interviewed Frankfurt-based Litigation partner Dr. Hans-Joachim Fritz in “US Visa—Do Not Try to Outsmart the System by Using a Second Passport.” The article explores the special aspects of entering the United States since the implementation of more stringent conditions in the beginning of 2016.
In the article, Fritz explains the details of the Visa Waiver Program’s stricter rules, including the necessity to obtain business visas to travel on business purposes. He notes the special consideration of persons having travelled to several countries in Northern Africa and the Middle East, such as Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Syria, Liberia, Somalia, Yemen or Saudi-Arabia , after March 2011 and who are not allowed to participate in the Visa Waiver Program.
Fritz further points out that a person still cannot apply for participation in the Visa Waiver Program by presenting a second, “clean” passport—one that has no entry and exit stamps from the visa-free countries referred to in the new restrictions—due to the fact that when applying for participation in the program all questions regarding previous journeys to the US as well as to other countries must be answered truthfully.
Fritz regularly handles procedures for issuing business visas for professionals and managers at the US Consulate General in Frankfurt, which are done quickly and smoothly.
Also of Interest
- And Now A Word From The Panel: 3 Alternatives To MDLs September 28, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Shape of Things to Come: Protecting Product Configuration and Packaging Design September 26, 2016 • Articles
- On the Road to a Safe and Secure Internet of Things: What Companies Should Do September 19, 2016 • Articles
- Druckenbrodt Quoted in Bloomberg on Volkswagen Dieselgate September 14, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Arbisser Featured in The Recorder and Law360... September 7, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Following Five-Day Trial, Kaye Scholer Secures Win for Medicalgorithmics August 25, 2016 • Client Successes