The German language publication WirtschaftsWoche recently interviewed Frankfurt-based Litigation partner Dr. Hans-Joachim Fritz in “US Visa—Do Not Try to Outsmart the System by Using a Second Passport.” The article explores the special aspects of entering the United States since the implementation of more stringent conditions in the beginning of 2016.
In the article, Fritz explains the details of the Visa Waiver Program’s stricter rules, including the necessity to obtain business visas to travel on business purposes. He notes the special consideration of persons having travelled to several countries in Northern Africa and the Middle East, such as Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Syria, Liberia, Somalia, Yemen or Saudi-Arabia , after March 2011 and who are not allowed to participate in the Visa Waiver Program.
Fritz further points out that a person still cannot apply for participation in the Visa Waiver Program by presenting a second, “clean” passport—one that has no entry and exit stamps from the visa-free countries referred to in the new restrictions—due to the fact that when applying for participation in the program all questions regarding previous journeys to the US as well as to other countries must be answered truthfully.
Fritz regularly handles procedures for issuing business visas for professionals and managers at the US Consulate General in Frankfurt, which are done quickly and smoothly.
Also of Interest
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions
- What’s Really Remarkable about the Appeals Court Ruling on the CFPB October 20, 2016 • Articles
- Winning the War: Strategies for Prevailing in Consumer Fraud and False Advertising... October 17, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- 3D Printing: New Legal Issues Emerge with the Technology’s Revolutionary Potential October 10, 2016 • Articles
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- Antitrust Jurisprudence in the Second Circuit October 1, 2016 • Articles
- And Now A Word From The Panel: 3 Alternatives To MDLs September 28, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes