Corporate partner Kathleen Moriarty spoke with Bloomberg Business during its live podcast, “Taking Stock,” at the etfXchange ’16, BNY Mellon’s ETF Symposium in Dana Point, California on September 21, 2016. The symposium brought together registered investment advisors (RIAs), institutional investors and investment professionals for a dynamic forum on exchange-traded fund (ETF) industry best practices and insights presented by a wide range of ETF industry experts.
As a pioneer in the ETF space who was also actively involved in the development of SPDRs, the first US ETF, Moriarty discussed with “Taking Stock” the proposed changes to regulation requirements that will impact portfolio management strategies, money market funds and developing ETF products. Moriarty explained that many proposed regulations are too “one-size-fits-all,” stating that the regulations seem like “using a sledgehammer to deal with a problem.” Instead, Moriarty suggested a more selective regulatory process to alleviate overregulation. She also discussed bitcoin’s use as currency and the regulation of derivatives.
In “Taking Stock,” Kathleen Hays and Pimm Fox speak with analysts, fund managers and experts on stock picks, investment strategies and market updates. Drawing upon Bloomberg news and data, timely investment strategies are analyzed and debated by the top minds on Wall Street.
The interview followed Moriarty’s participation on the panel, “Regulatory Landscape for ETFs: Turning up the Heat,” which discussed the current regulatory climate and its impending impact on advisory practices and product innovation.
Also of Interest
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- What’s Really Remarkable about the Appeals Court Ruling on the CFPB October 20, 2016 • Articles
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Asghar Quoted in Airfinance Journal on Iran Aseman Airlines October 10, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions