Corporate partner Kathleen Moriarty spoke with Bloomberg Business during its live podcast, “Taking Stock,” at the etfXchange ’16, BNY Mellon’s ETF Symposium in Dana Point, California on September 21, 2016. The symposium brought together registered investment advisors (RIAs), institutional investors and investment professionals for a dynamic forum on exchange-traded fund (ETF) industry best practices and insights presented by a wide range of ETF industry experts.
As a pioneer in the ETF space who was also actively involved in the development of SPDRs, the first US ETF, Moriarty discussed with “Taking Stock” the proposed changes to regulation requirements that will impact portfolio management strategies, money market funds and developing ETF products. Moriarty explained that many proposed regulations are too “one-size-fits-all,” stating that the regulations seem like “using a sledgehammer to deal with a problem.” Instead, Moriarty suggested a more selective regulatory process to alleviate overregulation. She also discussed bitcoin’s use as currency and the regulation of derivatives.
In “Taking Stock,” Kathleen Hays and Pimm Fox speak with analysts, fund managers and experts on stock picks, investment strategies and market updates. Drawing upon Bloomberg news and data, timely investment strategies are analyzed and debated by the top minds on Wall Street.
The interview followed Moriarty’s participation on the panel, “Regulatory Landscape for ETFs: Turning up the Heat,” which discussed the current regulatory climate and its impending impact on advisory practices and product innovation.
Also of Interest
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- Kaye Scholer Advises The Mortgage Lender on £250 Million Warehouse Financing September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes