Corporate partner Kathleen Moriarty spoke with Bloomberg Business during its live podcast, “Taking Stock,” at the etfXchange ’16, BNY Mellon’s ETF Symposium in Dana Point, California on September 21, 2016. The symposium brought together registered investment advisors (RIAs), institutional investors and investment professionals for a dynamic forum on exchange-traded fund (ETF) industry best practices and insights presented by a wide range of ETF industry experts.
As a pioneer in the ETF space who was also actively involved in the development of SPDRs, the first US ETF, Moriarty discussed with “Taking Stock” the proposed changes to regulation requirements that will impact portfolio management strategies, money market funds and developing ETF products. Moriarty explained that many proposed regulations are too “one-size-fits-all,” stating that the regulations seem like “using a sledgehammer to deal with a problem.” Instead, Moriarty suggested a more selective regulatory process to alleviate overregulation. She also discussed bitcoin’s use as currency and the regulation of derivatives.
In “Taking Stock,” Kathleen Hays and Pimm Fox speak with analysts, fund managers and experts on stock picks, investment strategies and market updates. Drawing upon Bloomberg news and data, timely investment strategies are analyzed and debated by the top minds on Wall Street.
The interview followed Moriarty’s participation on the panel, “Regulatory Landscape for ETFs: Turning up the Heat,” which discussed the current regulatory climate and its impending impact on advisory practices and product innovation.
Also of Interest
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Golodner Quoted in IFLR on Proposed NYS Digital Security Laws November 29, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- The Strategic View—Aviation UK November 17, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Who’s the Lender? Two “True Lender” Cases with Implications for Marketplace Platforms November 10, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Using Technology Service Providers Is No Silver Bullet November 7, 2016 • Articles