Partner Sheila Boston was named one of the Most Influential Black Lawyers of 2015 by Savoy Magazine in a list featuring the top partners from leading national law firms and corporate counsel from Fortune 1000 companies. Savoy Magazine celebrates African American culture by covering news, culture, technology, business and sports.
As a partner within the Complex Commercial Litigation Department, and a member of Kaye Scholer’s Product Liability Group, Sheila has successfully litigated before both state and federal courts throughout her career, primarily focusing on product liability issues within the pharmaceutical and medical device industries. She has received individual accolades from both the International Who’s Who of Product Defense Lawyers and Who’s Who Legal for product liability defense. Most recently, Sheila was honored with the New York Law Journal’s “Lawyers Who Lead By Example” Lifetime Achievement Award.
Sheila is also a passionate advocate for diversity. In 2011, she received the New York City Bar Association’s Diversity Champion Award. She continues to serve as Chair of the Association’s Enhance Diversity in the Profession Committee and previously chaired Kaye Scholer’s Diversity Committee for eight years.
Savoy Magazine cited “one of Sheila’s proudest career moments” as serving as trial counsel in McReynolds vs. Sodexho, a promotion-discrimination class action brought on behalf of more than 2,400 African-American mid-level plaintiffs. The litigation resolved favorably in an $80 million settlement with injunctive relief.
Sheila is recognized as a Columbia Law School Black Law Students Association (BLSA) Distinguished Alumni and Metropolitan Black Bar Association Lawyer of the Year.
Also of Interest
- And Now A Word From The Panel: MDL Venue Choices November 30, 2016 • Articles
- Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association Honors Waks November 17, 2016 • Recognitions
- Second Circuit Expands Split on Nominative Fair Use November 16, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Who’s the Lender? Two “True Lender” Cases with Implications for Marketplace Platforms November 10, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Receives Legal Aid Society’s Pro Bono Publico Award November 4, 2016 • Recognitions
- Lattanzio Receives NYSBA Pro Bono Award November 3, 2016 • Recognitions
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions