Partner Sheila Boston was named one of the Most Influential Black Lawyers of 2015 by Savoy Magazine in a list featuring the top partners from leading national law firms and corporate counsel from Fortune 1000 companies. Savoy Magazine celebrates African American culture by covering news, culture, technology, business and sports.
As a partner within the Complex Commercial Litigation Department, and a member of Kaye Scholer’s Product Liability Group, Sheila has successfully litigated before both state and federal courts throughout her career, primarily focusing on product liability issues within the pharmaceutical and medical device industries. She has received individual accolades from both the International Who’s Who of Product Defense Lawyers and Who’s Who Legal for product liability defense. Most recently, Sheila was honored with the New York Law Journal’s “Lawyers Who Lead By Example” Lifetime Achievement Award.
Sheila is also a passionate advocate for diversity. In 2011, she received the New York City Bar Association’s Diversity Champion Award. She continues to serve as Chair of the Association’s Enhance Diversity in the Profession Committee and previously chaired Kaye Scholer’s Diversity Committee for eight years.
Savoy Magazine cited “one of Sheila’s proudest career moments” as serving as trial counsel in McReynolds vs. Sodexho, a promotion-discrimination class action brought on behalf of more than 2,400 African-American mid-level plaintiffs. The litigation resolved favorably in an $80 million settlement with injunctive relief.
Sheila is recognized as a Columbia Law School Black Law Students Association (BLSA) Distinguished Alumni and Metropolitan Black Bar Association Lawyer of the Year.
Also of Interest
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Shape of Things to Come: Protecting Product Configuration and Packaging Design September 26, 2016 • Articles
- On the Road to a Safe and Secure Internet of Things: What Companies Should Do September 19, 2016 • Articles
- Druckenbrodt Quoted in Bloomberg on Volkswagen Dieselgate September 14, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Arbisser Featured in The Recorder and Law360... September 7, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Following Five-Day Trial, Kaye Scholer Secures Win for Medicalgorithmics August 25, 2016 • Client Successes
- Doing Deals with Competitors: Beware of Taking Minority Equity Stakes or Board Seats August 24, 2016 • Articles