Alison King, Counsel in the Corporate & Finance Department and Co-Chair of the firm's Pro Bono Committee, will be honored by Sanctuary for Families for providing outstanding pro bono representation and advocacy on behalf of victims of domestic violence. Ms. King has distinguished herself through her work on a series of publication divorces, which are extremely labor-intensive, and for women who had been waiting up to ten years to finalize a divorce from their batterers. Ms. King will be honored on November 5, 2007 at "Above & Beyond," Sanctuary's annual pro bono achievement awards and benefit in New York City.
Sanctuary for Families is the largest nonprofit in New York State dedicated exclusively to serving domestic violence victims and their children. Each year, Sanctuary for Families help thousands of victims and their children build safe and violence-free lives.
Also of Interest
- Harty Receives Lawyers Alliance 2016 Cornerstone Award November 18, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Receives Legal Aid Society’s Pro Bono Publico Award November 4, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Named a Law360 Pro Bono Firm of the Year October 4, 2016 • Recognitions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Summer Associates Successfully Assist Transgender Clients July 27, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Pro Bono Victory for Father Falsely Accused of Child Abuse July 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Chicago Team Receives 2016 Award for Excellence in Pro Bono Service May 25, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Are “Prevailing Parties” in Transgender Birth Certificate Case... May 10, 2016 • Client Successes
- Assad Rajani Awarded Two California Pro Bono Distinctions April 26, 2016 • Recognitions