Kaye Scholer was honored with the National Legal Aid & Defender Association's 2008 Beacon of Justice Award for its pro bono
work in representing death row inmates. The award was presented to Kaye
Scholer at the NLADA 2008 Exemplar Awards Dinner on June 11, 2008 in
Washington, DC. To be eligible for this award, a law firm must have
provided pro bono assistance on at least two capital cases in the last ten years (not including amicus briefs); Kaye Scholer presented six cases for consideration.
NLADA is the nation's leading advocate for front-line attorneys and other equal justice professionals who make a difference in the lives of low-income clients and their families and communities. Representing legal aid and defender programs, as well as individual advocates, NLADA is the oldest and largest national, nonprofit membership association devoting 100 percent of its resources to serving the broad equal justice community.
Also of Interest
- Harty Receives Lawyers Alliance 2016 Cornerstone Award November 18, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Receives Legal Aid Society’s Pro Bono Publico Award November 4, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Named a Law360 Pro Bono Firm of the Year October 4, 2016 • Recognitions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Summer Associates Successfully Assist Transgender Clients July 27, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Pro Bono Victory for Father Falsely Accused of Child Abuse July 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Chicago Team Receives 2016 Award for Excellence in Pro Bono Service May 25, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Are “Prevailing Parties” in Transgender Birth Certificate Case... May 10, 2016 • Client Successes
- Assad Rajani Awarded Two California Pro Bono Distinctions April 26, 2016 • Recognitions