Kaye Scholer figured prominently in The Legal Aid Society's June 2008 inaugural Pro Bono Practice newsletter. The firm was the subject of the cover story "Law Firms Defend Former Inmates Subject to Unlawful Reincarceration," which featured Litigation Department attorney David Klingsberg and his efforts in representing individuals who are reincarcerated because of illegally imposed post-release supervision (PRS) administrative determinations. The Firm has taken on 18 such cases, six of which are currently being handled by teams of summer associates. Additionally, Mr. Klingsberg acted as amicus for The Legal Aid Society, resulting in a recent decision prohibiting the administrative, non-judicial imposition of PRS.
Jacqueline Arana was singled out in the article titled "Kaye Scholer Attorney Wins New Parole Hearing for Exemplary Inmate." Ms. Arana represented an inmate in obtaining a new parole hearing in a case before a State Supreme Court judge in Manhattan. The judge ruled that the inmate's recent parole hearing was unfair and ordered a new parole hearing "forthwith." The inmate has recently been granted parole and soon will be released from prison.
Also of Interest
- Harty Receives Lawyers Alliance 2016 Cornerstone Award November 18, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Receives Legal Aid Society’s Pro Bono Publico Award November 4, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Named a Law360 Pro Bono Firm of the Year October 4, 2016 • Recognitions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Summer Associates Successfully Assist Transgender Clients July 27, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Pro Bono Victory for Father Falsely Accused of Child Abuse July 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Chicago Team Receives 2016 Award for Excellence in Pro Bono Service May 25, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Are “Prevailing Parties” in Transgender Birth Certificate Case... May 10, 2016 • Client Successes
- Assad Rajani Awarded Two California Pro Bono Distinctions April 26, 2016 • Recognitions