The American Bar Association Death Penalty Representation Project presented its highest award, the Exceptional Service Award, to Kaye Scholer LLP at its 22nd Anniversary & Volunteer Recognition Event on September 9, 2008, in New York City. New York Litigation Partners Lori Leskin and Jennifer Patterson accepted the award on behalf of the firm.
Award criteria include commitment to pro bono death penalty work through the number of death penalty cases handled; financial and hourly commitment in ratio to resources; attention devoted to the death penalty debate; and significant impact on the justice system through legal victory, legislation, and/or litigation.
The ABA created the Death Penalty Representation Project in 1986 with the goals of raising awareness about the lack of representation available to death row inmates, addressing this urgent need by recruiting competent volunteer lawyers, and offering these volunteers training and assistance. The Death Penalty Representation Project works for systemic changes in the criminal justice system that would assure those facing death are represented at all stages of the proceedings from trial through clemency by qualified, adequately compensated counsel.
Also of Interest
- Kaye Scholer Named a Law360 Pro Bono Firm of the Year October 4, 2016 • Recognitions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Summer Associates Successfully Assist Transgender Clients July 27, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Pro Bono Victory for Father Falsely Accused of Child Abuse July 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Chicago Team Receives 2016 Award for Excellence in Pro Bono Service May 25, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Are “Prevailing Parties” in Transgender Birth Certificate Case... May 10, 2016 • Client Successes
- Assad Rajani Awarded Two California Pro Bono Distinctions April 26, 2016 • Recognitions
- Jungermann and Steger Counsel Water Integrity Network on Libel Law March 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Ninth Circuit’s En Banc Decision in Wolfson Validates Kaye Scholer Pro Bono Efforts... February 3, 2016 • Client Successes