David Klingsberg was honored by The Legal Aid Society on October 7, 2008, as a recipient of the Society's 2008 Pro Bono Awards for outstanding service to The Legal Aid Society and its clients.
Mr. Klingsberg was being recognized for his efforts on behalf of individuals who have been reincarcerated because of illegally-imposed post-release supervision (PRS) administrative determinations. The firm is representing more than a dozen clients who have been improperly subjected to PRS, ranging from people who have been incarcerated for violating the terms of their improperly-imposed PRS to those who have been released from prison but must still comply with strict PRS requirements. Thus far, we have prevailed in five of these cases. Additionally, the firm acted as amicus for The Legal Aid Society, resulting in a recent landmark decision prohibiting the administrative (i.e. non-judicial) imposition of PRS.
Also of Interest
- Harty Receives Lawyers Alliance 2016 Cornerstone Award November 18, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Receives Legal Aid Society’s Pro Bono Publico Award November 4, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Named a Law360 Pro Bono Firm of the Year October 4, 2016 • Recognitions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Summer Associates Successfully Assist Transgender Clients July 27, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Pro Bono Victory for Father Falsely Accused of Child Abuse July 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Chicago Team Receives 2016 Award for Excellence in Pro Bono Service May 25, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Are “Prevailing Parties” in Transgender Birth Certificate Case... May 10, 2016 • Client Successes
- Assad Rajani Awarded Two California Pro Bono Distinctions April 26, 2016 • Recognitions