In a recent letter, New York City Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg thanked Kaye Scholer for the firm’s participation in the NYC Law Department’s Public Service Program. The Mayor singled out the recent work of our Public Interest Associates who worked there as externs, stating: “... Corporation Counsel Michael Cardozo has told me of the outstanding efforts these associates have made while in his Office and how important they have been in ensuring the City’s legal work is being done in the best possible manner.” Examples of these efforts include:
Tanya Blocker (Associate, New York Office) was featured in Hearsay, Corporation Counsel’s in-house newsletter, for her hard work second-seating a City trial attorney on Paley et al. v. City of New York et al., (02tt014824).
Evan Elan (Associate, New York Office) conducted and defended more than a dozen depositions and successfully argued for rulings in N.Y.S. Supreme Court, Kings County.
Lindsay Moilanen (Associate, New York Office) drafted a motion to dismiss that was granted, with the case being dismissed with prejudice. In other cases, she drafted an extensive summary judgment motion and took a deposition.
Also of Interest
- Harty Receives Lawyers Alliance 2016 Cornerstone Award November 18, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Receives Legal Aid Society’s Pro Bono Publico Award November 4, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Named a Law360 Pro Bono Firm of the Year October 4, 2016 • Recognitions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Summer Associates Successfully Assist Transgender Clients July 27, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Pro Bono Victory for Father Falsely Accused of Child Abuse July 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Chicago Team Receives 2016 Award for Excellence in Pro Bono Service May 25, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Are “Prevailing Parties” in Transgender Birth Certificate Case... May 10, 2016 • Client Successes
- Assad Rajani Awarded Two California Pro Bono Distinctions April 26, 2016 • Recognitions