Kaye Scholer lawyers were honored by The Legal Aid Society on November 4 , 2010, for outstanding service to The Legal Aid Society and its clients.
The Honorable Jonathan Lippman, Chief Judge of the State of New York, presented the Society’s 2010 Pro Bono Award to Benjamin Mintz and Michael Bullerman for their outstanding work on behalf of 14 restaurant workers whose employer closed the restaurants in which they had worked, and then reopened them under a new corporate name when a fair wage and labor complaint was filed. The team was hailed for contributing “exemplary counsel and countless hours of support,” including when, near the conclusion of the discovery period, two of the primary defendants filed bankruptcy petitions in an attempt to evade their multi-million dollar liability.
Also of Interest
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Summer Associates Successfully Assist Transgender Clients July 27, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Pro Bono Victory for Father Falsely Accused of Child Abuse July 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Chicago Team Receives 2016 Award for Excellence in Pro Bono Service May 25, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Are “Prevailing Parties” in Transgender Birth Certificate Case... May 10, 2016 • Client Successes
- Assad Rajani Awarded Two California Pro Bono Distinctions April 26, 2016 • Recognitions
- Jungermann and Steger Counsel Water Integrity Network on Libel Law March 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Ninth Circuit’s En Banc Decision in Wolfson Validates Kaye Scholer Pro Bono Efforts... February 3, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Pro Bono Efforts Help Preserve Kansas’ Independent Judiciary January 4, 2016 • Client Successes