PLC Which Lawyer 2011 just named Kaye Scholer’s Investment Funds practice in the London office as one of the best in the United Kingdom. London Investment Funds partner Simon Firth also was recognized as one of the UK top recommended lawyers for advising on Hedge Fund matters.
Firth advises financial services firms on a range of legal and regulatory matters. Clients include investment managers, advisers, brokers and fund promoters. His funds experience covers the establishment, promotion, regulation and operation of closed and open-ended investment funds including hedge, private equity, property and UCITS funds. His related transactional work comprises fund seeding and restructuring and business acquisitions, and disposals in the financial services feeder.
A significant component of Firth’s practice involves establishing and structuring partnership vehicles for funds and investment management businesses, principally limited partnerships and LLPs, and drafting their partnership or members’ agreements.
Kaye Scholer’s Investment Funds practice helps structure and document a variety of pooled investment vehicles, with an emphasis on Private Equity Funds and Hedge Funds. We advise on structuring and registration matters for US, UK and European funds and their advisers, taking into account the tax and regulatory implications of attracting investors from the United States, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East and Europe, and helping clients make tax-efficient investments in many different countries. The group also advises on a wide range of compliance and exemptive issues, including discussions with the SEC, the FSA and other regulators.
Also of Interest
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Practices and Attorneys Recognized by Chambers USA 2016 May 31, 2016 • Recognitions
- Tax Alert: Proposed Regulations May Disrupt Intercompany Debt Practices May 12, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Funds Liable for ERISA Liabilities of Portfolio Companies: The Latest Sun Capital Decision April 6, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Chambers Global 2016 Recognizes Kaye Scholer Lawyers March 2016 • Recognitions
- Distressed Coal—Will the Cycle Ever Turn? February 11, 2016 • Client Alerts
- ILPA Releases New Private Equity Fee Reporting Guidelines; Presses for Additional Fund Transparency February 1, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Best Lawyers UK 2017 Recognizes Firth and Axford January 28, 2016 • Recognitions
- Corporate and Antitrust Alert: FTC Raises Hart-Scott-Rodino Premerger Filing Thresholds January 22, 2016 • Client Alerts