The Daily Journal has named Partners Pamela J. Yates (Los Angeles) and Diane Holt Frankle (Palo Alto) to its annual list of “Top Women Lawyers” in California. The list features 75 litigators and – 25 corporate lawyers who, over the past year, have played significant roles in California's legal market.
For the fourth consecutive year, Yates has been singled out as a “Top Women Lawyer” for her work in the area of life sciences, litigating matters “involving pharmaceuticals, prescription medicines, over-the -counter medicines and medical devices.” The Daily Journal highlighted her successful 2011 representation of Pfizer units Wyeth Pharmaceuticals Inc. and Pharmacia & Upjohn in a case involving claims of injuries from the client's hormone therapy medicines.
Frankle is recognized for her work advising special committees on M&A transactions that have elements “more complicated than a normal mergers and acquisition.” The Daily Journal noted Frankle’s recent representation of the special committee of SMART Modular Technologies in its $653 million acquisition by Silver Lake Partners and an affiliate.
Also of Interest
- Arbisser Featured in The Recorder and Law360... September 7, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Doing Deals with Competitors: Beware of Taking Minority Equity Stakes or Board Seats August 24, 2016 • Articles
- China’s Buying Spree: Is It Real and Sustainable? August 24, 2016 • Articles
- Beware the Interplay Between Indemnification Provisions and D&O Advancement Provisions... August 24, 2016 • Articles
- Delaware Court Endorses Share Tracing in Order to Deny Appraisal Claims in Dell Merger August 24, 2016 • Articles