Turnarounds & Workouts selected Kaye Scholer’s representation of 4Kids Entertainment, Inc. and its affiliates as one of its most Successful Restructurings for 2012. The publication summarized the firm’s engagement as follows:
“A favorable court ruling enabled debtor to retain and then sell a valuable license and receive a sizable settlement with licensors. Plan of reorganization paid all creditors in full, kept existing shareholders in place, and allowed 4Kids to reorganize around its remaining licenses as well as expand into a new business, the sports licensing segment. 4Kids’ shareholders were the only class entitled to vote on the plan and approved the reorganization overwhelmingly – affirmative votes were received from 99.9% of the almost 7 million shares that were voted.” (January 2013)
The Kaye Scholer team consisted of D. Tyler Nurnberg (Partner-Bankruptcy), Matthew J. Micheli (Counsel-Bankruptcy), Paul C. Llewellyn (Partner-Litigation), Rory A. Greiss (Partner-Corporate) and Fredric W Yerman (Special Counsel-Litigation).
Kaye Scholer’s Bankruptcy & Restructuring Department is one of the most experienced teams of insolvency practitioners in the US. With more than 40 lawyers dedicated solely to restructuring and insolvency work, Kaye Scholer has participated in many of the large, complex US and multinational insolvencies and restructurings of the recent credit crisis. Our clients include lender groups, syndicate agents, distressed investors, equity sponsors and their portfolio companies, debtors, indenture trustees, fiduciaries and creditor committees.
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Kaye Scholer Receives Legal Aid Society’s Pro Bono Publico Award November 4, 2016 • Recognitions
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Succeeds on Behalf of Term Loan Lenders in Defeating Confirmation... October 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- New LSTA Par/Near Par Delayed Compensation Regime August 31, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Following Five-Day Trial, Kaye Scholer Secures Win for Medicalgorithmics August 25, 2016 • Client Successes
- Primoff Named Best in Insolvency & Restructuring at Americas Women in Business Law Awards August 22, 2016 • Recognitions