Turnarounds & Workouts selected Kaye Scholer’s representation of 4Kids Entertainment, Inc. and its affiliates as one of its most Successful Restructurings for 2012. The publication summarized the firm’s engagement as follows:
“A favorable court ruling enabled debtor to retain and then sell a valuable license and receive a sizable settlement with licensors. Plan of reorganization paid all creditors in full, kept existing shareholders in place, and allowed 4Kids to reorganize around its remaining licenses as well as expand into a new business, the sports licensing segment. 4Kids’ shareholders were the only class entitled to vote on the plan and approved the reorganization overwhelmingly – affirmative votes were received from 99.9% of the almost 7 million shares that were voted.” (January 2013)
The Kaye Scholer team consisted of D. Tyler Nurnberg (Partner-Bankruptcy), Matthew J. Micheli (Counsel-Bankruptcy), Paul C. Llewellyn (Partner-Litigation), Rory A. Greiss (Partner-Corporate) and Fredric W Yerman (Special Counsel-Litigation).
Kaye Scholer’s Bankruptcy & Restructuring Department is one of the most experienced teams of insolvency practitioners in the US. With more than 40 lawyers dedicated solely to restructuring and insolvency work, Kaye Scholer has participated in many of the large, complex US and multinational insolvencies and restructurings of the recent credit crisis. Our clients include lender groups, syndicate agents, distressed investors, equity sponsors and their portfolio companies, debtors, indenture trustees, fiduciaries and creditor committees.
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- New LSTA Par/Near Par Delayed Compensation Regime August 31, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Following Five-Day Trial, Kaye Scholer Secures Win for Medicalgorithmics August 25, 2016 • Client Successes
- Primoff Named Best in Insolvency & Restructuring at Americas Women in Business Law Awards August 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Best Lawyers 2017 Recognizes 41 Kaye Scholer Lawyers August 15, 2016 • Recognitions
- Summer Associates Successfully Assist Transgender Clients July 27, 2016 • Client Successes
- LSTA Distressed vs. Par/Near Par Secondary Trading Documents—A Review and Analysis June 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Brexit—What We Know June 29, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Primoff Named Best in Insolvency & Restructuring at Americas Women in Business Law Awards June 13, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Practices and Attorneys Recognized by Chambers USA 2016 May 31, 2016 • Recognitions