Kaye Scholer’s Life Sciences Group received two “Deal of the Year” accolades at the inaugural LMG Life Sciences Awards:
Merger & Acquisitions: Impact Deals of the Year - Novartis acquisition of Fougera
The firm represented Novartis on the purchase, by generics division Sandoz, of specialty dermatology generics company Fougera Pharmaceuticals for $1.525 billion in an all cash transaction. The acquisition made Sandoz the number one generic dermatology medicines company both globally and in the US.
Licensing & Collaboration Deal of the Year - TB Alliance agreement with Sanofi
The firm advised The Global Alliance for TB Drug Development (TB Alliance), an international non-profit organization which develops new, faster-acting, affordable tuberculosis drugs, in a research collaboration agreement to accelerate the discovery and development of novel compounds against tuberculosis.
Kaye Scholer received an additional 15 nominations in 13 categories. The awards, based on independent research conducted by LMG Life Sciences earlier this year, were announced at an awards dinner held at New York’s Essex House on September 25.
Kaye Scholer’s Life Sciences Group previously received six practice recommendations in the 2013 edition of LMG Life Sciences, with an additional 13 lawyers selected as “Life Science Stars.”
Also of Interest
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Using Technology Service Providers Is No Silver Bullet November 7, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Advises Bregal, Motion Equity in Morrison Utility Services Sale November 7, 2016 • Client Successes
- Pitfalls of Present-Day Contracts: Hyperlinked Contract Terms November 7, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Advises Biohaven on Oversubscribed Private Financing November 4, 2016 • Client Successes