Kaye Scholer was ranked nine times in four regions globally in the 2014 edition of the IFLR1000. This included our first-ever ranking for our Frankfurt office, in the area of Banking, as well as recognition for the firm’s M&A and Private Equity practices in Shanghai and our Financial Restructuring and Private Equity practices in London. In the United States region, we were recognized in four areas, while three of our Syndicated and Leveraged Finance partners were recognized as “Leading Lawyers” for the second year in a row.
The publication acknowledges our “specialized and sophisticated” capabilities and notes that our Corporate Department “has developed a sweet spot in the engineering of middle-market M&A and private equity deals, with a preference for complexity rather than size.” It also praises our Finance Department’s playing of “the role of innovator, taking certain kinds of financings that have traditionally happened through bank credit facilities and moving them over to the capital markets.” In addition, our Bankruptcy & Restructuring Department is cited as having “performed admirably amid a general downturn in restructuring work and has done work consistent with the firm’s broader focus on financial institutions.”
The editorial commentary also called out several of our partners, including Yingxi Fu-Tomlinson, Niping Wu (China: M&A, Private Equity); Ingrid Kalisch, Sandra Pfister (Germany: Banking); Andrew Harris, Sean Scanlon, David Gerber (UK: Private Equity); Simon Firth, Daniel Lewin (UK: Financial Restructuring); Ed Gabbay, Sheryl Gittlitz, (US: Bank Lending); Mel Cherney, Lowell Dashefsky, Joel Greenberg, Chris Peterson (US: Capital Markets-Debt & Equity); Mike Solow, Mark Liscio, Madlyn Primoff (US: Financial Restructuring); and Joel Moser (Project Finance).
The IFLR1000 is an annual guide to the world's leading financial and corporate law firms, compiled by a team of journalists in New York, London and Hong Kong. Rankings are based on the recommendations of in-house counsel at prominent financial institutions and companies, as well as the input of leading lawyers in various international markets.
Kaye Scholer’s complete rankings are listed below:
Bank Lending - Tier 4
Capital Markets - Debt and Equity - Tier 3
Investment Funds - Private Funds - Tier 3
Project Finance - Tier 3
Mergers and Acquisitions (Foreign Firms) - “Notable” Firm
Private Equity (Foreign Firms) - “Notable” Firm
Banking - “Notable” Firms
Private Equity - “Notable” Firms
Restructuring - Financial - “Notable” Firms
Also of Interest
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- What’s Really Remarkable about the Appeals Court Ruling on the CFPB October 20, 2016 • Articles
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Asghar Quoted in Airfinance Journal on Iran Aseman Airlines October 10, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions