Five Kaye Scholer lawyers were honored at the 2013 Legal Aid Society Pro Bono Publico Awards for providing outstanding pro bono service to the Legal Aid Society and its clients.
Partner Jay Mayesh, Counsels Stacey Lara and Bert Slonim, and Associates Tanya Blocker and Danelco Moxey were recognized for their work on the Criminal Conviction Sealing Project. They filed motions on behalf of Legal Aid Society clients who had successfully completed a court-supervised drug treatment program under the conditional sealing law included in the 2009 Drug Law Reform Act, which allows a person to have a drug-related criminal conviction sealed upon successfully completing the program. The Kaye Scholer team was nominated by William Gibney, Director of the Criminal Practice Special Litigation Unit of The Legal Aid Society.
In addition to these individual honors, Kaye Scholer was recognized as a whole for its assistance with The Legal Aid Society’s Hurricane Sandy recovery efforts, which included direct outreach to survivors in affected communities and providing assistance to affected small businesses.
The Legal Aid Society is the oldest and largest not-for-profit legal services organization in the nation, dedicated to providing low-income New Yorkers with quality legal representation.
Also of Interest
- Harty Receives Lawyers Alliance 2016 Cornerstone Award November 18, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Receives Legal Aid Society’s Pro Bono Publico Award November 4, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Named a Law360 Pro Bono Firm of the Year October 4, 2016 • Recognitions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Summer Associates Successfully Assist Transgender Clients July 27, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Pro Bono Victory for Father Falsely Accused of Child Abuse July 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Chicago Team Receives 2016 Award for Excellence in Pro Bono Service May 25, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Are “Prevailing Parties” in Transgender Birth Certificate Case... May 10, 2016 • Client Successes
- Assad Rajani Awarded Two California Pro Bono Distinctions April 26, 2016 • Recognitions