Lawyers Alliance for New York honored five Kaye Scholer lawyers at its annual Cornerstone Awards ceremony on November 6, 2013. Partner Derek Stoldt, Counsel David Sausen and Associates Samantha Braunstein, Tracy Romano and Peter Roth were recognized for their work on behalf of the Watershed Center, a federally registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that provides educational opportunities for individuals and organizations on topics related to meditation, transformative leadership, organizational health, generative communication and local democracy. Derek, David, Samantha, Tracy and Peter provided the Watershed Center with pro bono legal counsel on fiscal sponsorship and corporate governance matters, including the creation of a fiscal sponsorship agreement to be used to help sponsor other foundations.
Lawyers Alliance for New York is the leading provider of business and transactional legal services for nonprofit organizations that are improving the quality of life in New York City neighborhoods. The annual Cornerstone Awards recognize outstanding contributions of these services by Lawyers Alliance volunteers.
Also of Interest
- Harty Receives Lawyers Alliance 2016 Cornerstone Award November 18, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Receives Legal Aid Society’s Pro Bono Publico Award November 4, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Named a Law360 Pro Bono Firm of the Year October 4, 2016 • Recognitions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Summer Associates Successfully Assist Transgender Clients July 27, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Pro Bono Victory for Father Falsely Accused of Child Abuse July 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Chicago Team Receives 2016 Award for Excellence in Pro Bono Service May 25, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Are “Prevailing Parties” in Transgender Birth Certificate Case... May 10, 2016 • Client Successes
- Assad Rajani Awarded Two California Pro Bono Distinctions April 26, 2016 • Recognitions