Kaye Scholer’s Product Liability Practice Named One of Law360’s Practice Groups of the Year
Kaye Scholer’s Product Liability Practice was named one of Law360’s 2013 Practice Groups of the Year. The publication cited the firm’s numerous successes over the past year, including a trial victory for Philip Morris USA Inc. on a $543 million California class action claim, our work in devising a first-of-its-kind settlement in the Chinese dry wall class actions, as well as the firm’s enduring status as a go-to product liability firm for clients such as Pfizer, Inc., as reasons for its inclusion. Kaye Scholer was one of only five firms singled out in the area of Product Liability.
In an interview with Law360, Kaye Scholer Partner and Product Liability Practice Co-Head Lori Leskin noted that the firm’s efficient approach to matters impresses clients and keeps them coming back. “We're putting the right people at the right time on these matters,” she said, adding “We have to be doing something right. These major companies keep coming back to us with their biggest … litigation.”
Partner Arthur Brown, who leads the practice alongside Leskin, said that the firm’s success can be credited to its "deep knowledge of client's industries, business models and relevant regulatory structures.” He added, “We do not take the one-size-fits-all approach because we don't think that works.”
After reviewing hundreds of submissions from leading law firms around the world, a team of Law360 editors chose just five law firms to honor as Product Liability Group of the Year, along with winners in 26 other practice areas. Firms were selected based on the significance, size and complexity of their work between November 2012 and November 2013.
Also of Interest
- What’s Really Remarkable about the Appeals Court Ruling on the CFPB October 20, 2016 • Articles
- Winning the War: Strategies for Prevailing in Consumer Fraud and False Advertising... October 17, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- 3D Printing: New Legal Issues Emerge with the Technology’s Revolutionary Potential October 10, 2016 • Articles
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- Antitrust Jurisprudence in the Second Circuit October 1, 2016 • Articles
- And Now A Word From The Panel: 3 Alternatives To MDLs September 28, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions