Kaye Scholer Partner Catherine Schumacher has been named to Crain’s 2014 “40 Under Forty” list, which recognizes a select group of professionals who have realized early success. Schumacher was chosen on the basis of her thriving securities litigation practice, including the recent successful dismissal of a case brought against Kenneth Cole Productions Inc. and its former CEO by minority shareholders, challenging the terms under which the company would be taken private. This victory, as well as her ongoing representation of former AIG CFO Howard I. Smith, were highlighted in a profile published in Crain’s New York Business.
When asked about her tools for success in the courtroom, Schumacher said, "You need to know how to use the appropriate tools at the appropriate time." She added, "Sometimes being nice is useful, but if I need to use the hammer, I will."
Kaye Scholer Partner Vinny Sama, who has worked closely with Schumacher on several high-profile securities litigation matters, praised her in the piece, noting, "In this business, you get a lot of talented people. But often they have one or two skills. Kate is rare: She's a good listener, has terrific judgment, a lot of patience, is a terrific writer, has great analytical skills and is great with people. I've been doing this a long time, and she's the person I would go into a major matter with. That says a lot."
To read more or watch a brief interview with Schumacher, please click here.
Also of Interest
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions
- What’s Really Remarkable about the Appeals Court Ruling on the CFPB October 20, 2016 • Articles
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Winning the War: Strategies for Prevailing in Consumer Fraud and False Advertising... October 17, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- 3D Printing: New Legal Issues Emerge with the Technology’s Revolutionary Potential October 10, 2016 • Articles
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- Antitrust Jurisprudence in the Second Circuit October 1, 2016 • Articles
- And Now A Word From The Panel: 3 Alternatives To MDLs September 28, 2016 • Articles