Kaye Scholer Partner Catherine Schumacher has been named to Crain’s 2014 “40 Under Forty” list, which recognizes a select group of professionals who have realized early success. Schumacher was chosen on the basis of her thriving securities litigation practice, including the recent successful dismissal of a case brought against Kenneth Cole Productions Inc. and its former CEO by minority shareholders, challenging the terms under which the company would be taken private. This victory, as well as her ongoing representation of former AIG CFO Howard I. Smith, were highlighted in a profile published in Crain’s New York Business.
When asked about her tools for success in the courtroom, Schumacher said, "You need to know how to use the appropriate tools at the appropriate time." She added, "Sometimes being nice is useful, but if I need to use the hammer, I will."
Kaye Scholer Partner Vinny Sama, who has worked closely with Schumacher on several high-profile securities litigation matters, praised her in the piece, noting, "In this business, you get a lot of talented people. But often they have one or two skills. Kate is rare: She's a good listener, has terrific judgment, a lot of patience, is a terrific writer, has great analytical skills and is great with people. I've been doing this a long time, and she's the person I would go into a major matter with. That says a lot."
To read more or watch a brief interview with Schumacher, please click here.
Also of Interest
- Law360 Names Blank a 2016 Intellectual Property MVP December 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- NLJ Names Yates a 2016 Litigation Trailblazer December 6, 2016 • Recognitions
- And Now A Word From The Panel: MDL Venue Choices November 30, 2016 • Articles
- Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association Honors Waks November 17, 2016 • Recognitions
- Second Circuit Expands Split on Nominative Fair Use November 16, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Lattanzio Receives NYSBA Pro Bono Award November 3, 2016 • Recognitions
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions