Kaye Scholer Partner Catherine Schumacher has been named to Crain’s 2014 “40 Under Forty” list, which recognizes a select group of professionals who have realized early success. Schumacher was chosen on the basis of her thriving securities litigation practice, including the recent successful dismissal of a case brought against Kenneth Cole Productions Inc. and its former CEO by minority shareholders, challenging the terms under which the company would be taken private. This victory, as well as her ongoing representation of former AIG CFO Howard I. Smith, were highlighted in a profile published in Crain’s New York Business.
When asked about her tools for success in the courtroom, Schumacher said, "You need to know how to use the appropriate tools at the appropriate time." She added, "Sometimes being nice is useful, but if I need to use the hammer, I will."
Kaye Scholer Partner Vinny Sama, who has worked closely with Schumacher on several high-profile securities litigation matters, praised her in the piece, noting, "In this business, you get a lot of talented people. But often they have one or two skills. Kate is rare: She's a good listener, has terrific judgment, a lot of patience, is a terrific writer, has great analytical skills and is great with people. I've been doing this a long time, and she's the person I would go into a major matter with. That says a lot."
To read more or watch a brief interview with Schumacher, please click here.
Also of Interest
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Shape of Things to Come: Protecting Product Configuration and Packaging Design September 26, 2016 • Articles
- On the Road to a Safe and Secure Internet of Things: What Companies Should Do September 19, 2016 • Articles
- Druckenbrodt Quoted in Bloomberg on Volkswagen Dieselgate September 14, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Arbisser Featured in The Recorder and Law360... September 7, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Following Five-Day Trial, Kaye Scholer Secures Win for Medicalgorithmics August 25, 2016 • Client Successes
- Doing Deals with Competitors: Beware of Taking Minority Equity Stakes or Board Seats August 24, 2016 • Articles
- Delaware Court Endorses Share Tracing in Order to Deny Appraisal Claims in Dell Merger August 24, 2016 • Articles