The National Legal Aid and Defense Association (NLADA) honored Kaye Scholer with the 2014 Beacon of Justice Award at the NLADA Exemplar Awards Dinner on June 26, 2014. The Beacon of Justice Award honors law firms that have created and implemented innovative strategies to improve life outcomes for those unable to afford counsel. Kaye Scholer was recognized alongside Simpson Thatcher & Bartlett, Stroock & Stroock & Lavan and Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson for our collaborative work on The Small Business Legal Academy.
The Small Business Legal Academy, held on October 29, 2013 at Harlem’s Apollo Theater, brought together approximately 200 volunteer lawyers from 30 law firms to counsel small business owners about a wide range of legal concerns that could impact their bottom line or how they conduct business, and to introduce them to the numerous legal and financial services organizations available to small businesses in New York. Hosted by the Association of Pro Bono Counsel (APBCo), the organizing committee for the event was led by Kaye Scholer Pro Bono Counsel and APBCo board member Alison King.
Founded in 1911, NLADA is America's oldest and largest nonprofit association devoted to ensuring excellence in the delivery of legal services to those who cannot afford counsel.
Also of Interest
- Kaye Scholer Named a Law360 Pro Bono Firm of the Year October 4, 2016 • Recognitions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Summer Associates Successfully Assist Transgender Clients July 27, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Pro Bono Victory for Father Falsely Accused of Child Abuse July 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Chicago Team Receives 2016 Award for Excellence in Pro Bono Service May 25, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Are “Prevailing Parties” in Transgender Birth Certificate Case... May 10, 2016 • Client Successes
- Assad Rajani Awarded Two California Pro Bono Distinctions April 26, 2016 • Recognitions
- Jungermann and Steger Counsel Water Integrity Network on Libel Law March 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Ninth Circuit’s En Banc Decision in Wolfson Validates Kaye Scholer Pro Bono Efforts... February 3, 2016 • Client Successes