The New York City Bar Association’s Capital Punishment Committee presented Kaye Scholer with the Norman Redlich Pro Bono Award at its Annual Post-Conviction Capital Defense Training Program on July 14, 2014. The award honors a practitioner, team of practitioners, or law firm in New York that has made a substantial contribution to representing one or more death-row inmates or to the abolition of the death penalty within our criminal justice system on a pro bono basis.
Sheila Boston, Jeff Fuisz, Robert Grass and Lori Leskin, the Project Chairs of Kaye Scholer’s Death Penalty Practice, accepted the award on behalf of the firm. Pro Bono Counsel Alison King was also in attendance.
Kaye Scholer is proud of our 40-year tradition of taking on difficult habeas and clemency petitions for indigent death row inmates, including several cases argued before the US Supreme Court. For more about our work on death penalty appeals, visit here.
Also of Interest
- Kaye Scholer Named a Law360 Pro Bono Firm of the Year October 4, 2016 • Recognitions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Summer Associates Successfully Assist Transgender Clients July 27, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Pro Bono Victory for Father Falsely Accused of Child Abuse July 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Chicago Team Receives 2016 Award for Excellence in Pro Bono Service May 25, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Are “Prevailing Parties” in Transgender Birth Certificate Case... May 10, 2016 • Client Successes
- Assad Rajani Awarded Two California Pro Bono Distinctions April 26, 2016 • Recognitions
- Jungermann and Steger Counsel Water Integrity Network on Libel Law March 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Ninth Circuit’s En Banc Decision in Wolfson Validates Kaye Scholer Pro Bono Efforts... February 3, 2016 • Client Successes