Kaye Scholer ranks number one in terms of deal value among legal advisors on property and casualty insurance mergers & acquisitions according to SNL Financial League Tables for the first six months of 2014.
Our first place ranking is a result of our representation of longtime client and prominent Canadian private equity firm Onex Corporation and its portfolio company, The Warranty Group, Inc., in the sale of The Warranty Group to private equity firm TPG Capital Management for an enterprise value of approximately $1.5 billion, which was announced on March 21, 2014. We are tied for first with Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP, which is advising TPG in the same transaction.
The Kaye Scholer team representing Onex and The Warranty Group is led by Senior Corporate Partner Joel Greenberg, Partner Thomas Yadlon and Associate Tracy Romano.
According to the story published by Insurance & Financial Advisor about the league table results, the insurance mergers and acquisition (M&A) market has experienced an 20% increase in the number of deals as compared to the same period last year, with a total of 160 deals announced so far.
Also of Interest
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts