Partner Pamela Yates Inducted into LMG Life Sciences Hall of Fame
Kaye Scholer won four awards at the second annual LMG Life Sciences Awards, held on September 17, 2014 at the Essex House Hotel in New York.
- Government Investigations (False Claims Act) Firm of the Year
Michael Rogoff and Manvin Mayell regularly represent life sciences clients in government and internal investigations, regulatory proceedings and qui tam litigation.
- Impact Cases of the Year: Patent - Illumina v. Complete Genomics
Michael Malecek led the team that obtained the complete dismissal with prejudice of all claims filed against our client Complete Genomics, whose groundbreaking technology has driven the cost of human genome sequencing below $5,000 per genome. The settlement represented a total victory for Complete Genomics, who made no payment and took no license to any of the four patents asserted in the two lawsuits.
- Impact Cases of the Year: Product Liability - Late Stent Thrombosis litigation
In a matter that resolved with a significant settlement, Jim Herschlein acted as national counsel to Boston Scientific Corporation in litigation involving “late stent thrombosis” relative to coronary stents. Herschlein argued and won dismissal of several suits on federal preemption grounds, and was lead counsel in coordinated proceedings in Massachusetts State Court that involved over 165 cases.
- Product Liability Attorney of the Year – Pamela Yates
Pamela Yates was recognized for achieving back-to-back victories, including a unanimous defense verdict for Phillip Morris USA in Surico v. Phillip Morris USA and a major Daubert victory excluding plaintiffs’ general causation expert in complex MDL proceedings on behalf of Pfizer for In Re: Zoloft (Sertraline Hydrochloride) Products Liability Litigation.
In addition to her honor as Product Liability Attorney of the Year, Yates was also one of five individuals inducted into the LMG Life Sciences Hall of Fame.
Kaye Scholer received a total of 16 nominations in 15 categories at this year’s awards, which were based on independent research conducted earlier this year for the 2014 LMG Life Sciences guide. Kaye Scholer was recognized with seven practice recommendations in the 2014 guide, with 15 individual lawyers honored as “Life Science Stars” in their respective practice areas.
Also of Interest
- Law360 Names Blank a 2016 Intellectual Property MVP December 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- NLJ Names Yates a 2016 Litigation Trailblazer December 6, 2016 • Recognitions
- And Now A Word From The Panel: MDL Venue Choices November 30, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Biohaven on Oversubscribed Private Financing November 4, 2016 • Client Successes
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions
- Maier Plans Emergency Response with Fort Meade and Fort Detrick Commanders October 20, 2016 • Client Successes
- Winning the War: Strategies for Prevailing in Consumer Fraud and False Advertising... October 17, 2016 • Articles