Kaye Scholer’s Investment Management and Securitization Practices Recognized in The Legal 500 UK
Kaye Scholer’s London Investment Management Practice achieved a Band 3 ranking in the Hedge Funds category of The Legal 500 UK 2014, highlighting the work of London Partners Simon Firth and Daniel Lewin, as well as New York-based practice head Stephen Culhane. This is the fourth year in a row that the practice has maintained this ranking. The team was also recognized for its work in the Private Funds space.
The London Investment Management Practice is best known for advising on the formation and operation of hedge and private equity funds, and for providing outsourced general counsel support to our clients. Recent representative matters include advising MacKay Shields LLC on a range of fund and regulatory related work, including MacKay’s variation of permission application to the Financial Conduct Authority to be an alternative investment fund manager under the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive.
In addition, the firm was newly ranked in Finance: Securitization. The publication singled out London Partner Stuart Axford for his representation of Debussy DTC PLC as issuer in a £263 million CMBS transaction arranged by Cairn Capital in order to refinance the UK property portfolio of Toys “R” Us. Backed by Toys “R” Us suburban big box retail stores, it was the first non-prime European commercial real estate securitization transaction since the 2008 financial crisis.
Partner Philip Perrotta, who joined on October 1, was also recognized for his work in aviation finance. Perrotta acts for a broad range of major aircraft lenders, lessors and airlines, successfully concluding around the world hundreds of transactions involving commercial and business aircraft, aero engines and other aviation assets. He is also ranked by Chambers UK 2014 as a leading lawyer in the United Kingdom for Aviation Finance.
The Legal 500 provides commentaries on law firms in more than 90 countries worldwide. Its teams of researchers speak to thousands of commercial law firm clients every year, and its law firm recommendations are based on direct client feedback.
Also of Interest
- OCC Proposes Special Fintech Bank Charter December 9, 2016 • Client Alerts
- SEC Adopts New Rules: Fund Liquidity, Reporting and Disclosure, and “Swing Pricing” December 6, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Golodner Quoted in IFLR on Proposed NYS Digital Security Laws November 29, 2016 • Media Mentions
- The Strategic View—Aviation UK November 17, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Who’s the Lender? Two “True Lender” Cases with Implications for Marketplace Platforms November 10, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Bregal, Motion Equity in Morrison Utility Services Sale November 7, 2016 • Client Successes