Kaye Scholer’s Investment Management and Securitization Practices Recognized in The Legal 500 UK
Kaye Scholer’s London Investment Management Practice achieved a Band 3 ranking in the Hedge Funds category of The Legal 500 UK 2014, highlighting the work of London Partners Simon Firth and Daniel Lewin, as well as New York-based practice head Stephen Culhane. This is the fourth year in a row that the practice has maintained this ranking. The team was also recognized for its work in the Private Funds space.
The London Investment Management Practice is best known for advising on the formation and operation of hedge and private equity funds, and for providing outsourced general counsel support to our clients. Recent representative matters include advising MacKay Shields LLC on a range of fund and regulatory related work, including MacKay’s variation of permission application to the Financial Conduct Authority to be an alternative investment fund manager under the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive.
In addition, the firm was newly ranked in Finance: Securitization. The publication singled out London Partner Stuart Axford for his representation of Debussy DTC PLC as issuer in a £263 million CMBS transaction arranged by Cairn Capital in order to refinance the UK property portfolio of Toys “R” Us. Backed by Toys “R” Us suburban big box retail stores, it was the first non-prime European commercial real estate securitization transaction since the 2008 financial crisis.
Partner Philip Perrotta, who joined on October 1, was also recognized for his work in aviation finance. Perrotta acts for a broad range of major aircraft lenders, lessors and airlines, successfully concluding around the world hundreds of transactions involving commercial and business aircraft, aero engines and other aviation assets. He is also ranked by Chambers UK 2014 as a leading lawyer in the United Kingdom for Aviation Finance.
The Legal 500 provides commentaries on law firms in more than 90 countries worldwide. Its teams of researchers speak to thousands of commercial law firm clients every year, and its law firm recommendations are based on direct client feedback.
Also of Interest
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer Advises The Mortgage Lender on £250 Million Warehouse Financing September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Airfinance Journal Names Kaye Scholer as a Top Firm August 25, 2016 • Recognitions
- UNITED STATES: Phantom Mark Depicting Arrangement of Numerical Financial Data... August 23, 2016 • Articles
- Best Lawyers 2017 Recognizes 41 Kaye Scholer Lawyers August 15, 2016 • Recognitions
- ETF.com Featured Moriarty in “How ‘Women in ETFs’ is Making Inroads” August 5, 2016 • Media Mentions