The California-based legal publication Daily Journal has named Silicon Valley-based Partner Mike Malecek, Co-Chair of Kaye Scholer’s Intellectual Property Department, a top intellectual property litigator in California.
This is the third consecutive year, and fourth overall, that Mike has been named to Daily Journal’s “Top 75 IP Litigators/Top 25 Portfolio Managers” list. The annual list showcases the state’s top intellectual property litigators and portfolio managers, compiled from hundreds of nominations submitted by lawyers. Finalists are determined by the impact of their work and achievements in the intellectual property arena.
Mike represents some of the leading US biotech and technology companies, including Google, Sequenom, Affymetrix, Complete Genomics, Seagate and Cypress Semiconductor.
Mike had a strong year addressing business-critical patent litigation on behalf of Google, who engaged him for significant new cases, including serving as lead counsel in disputes related to digital rights management technology employed in various Google Play Store Apps on mobile phones. As coordination counsel for cases brought by “patent troll” Walker Digital over contextual link provision in webpage advertising and automatic bidding in auctions, Mike’s wins came as lead counsel on three of them, where two were dismissed with prejudice and one judgment of no infringement was affirmed on appeal.
Also of Interest
- PTAB Monitor: Developments in Inter Partes Review Practice December 9, 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- Law360 Names Blank a 2016 Intellectual Property MVP December 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Second Circuit Expands Split on Nominative Fair Use November 16, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions
- Maier Plans Emergency Response with Fort Meade and Fort Detrick Commanders October 20, 2016 • Client Successes
- Winning the War: Strategies for Prevailing in Consumer Fraud and False Advertising... October 17, 2016 • Articles
- 3D Printing: New Legal Issues Emerge with the Technology’s Revolutionary Potential October 10, 2016 • Articles