The California-based legal publication Daily Journal has named Silicon Valley-based Partner Mike Malecek, Co-Chair of Kaye Scholer’s Intellectual Property Department, a top intellectual property litigator in California.
This is the third consecutive year, and fourth overall, that Mike has been named to Daily Journal’s “Top 75 IP Litigators/Top 25 Portfolio Managers” list. The annual list showcases the state’s top intellectual property litigators and portfolio managers, compiled from hundreds of nominations submitted by lawyers. Finalists are determined by the impact of their work and achievements in the intellectual property arena.
Mike represents some of the leading US biotech and technology companies, including Google, Sequenom, Affymetrix, Complete Genomics, Seagate and Cypress Semiconductor.
Mike had a strong year addressing business-critical patent litigation on behalf of Google, who engaged him for significant new cases, including serving as lead counsel in disputes related to digital rights management technology employed in various Google Play Store Apps on mobile phones. As coordination counsel for cases brought by “patent troll” Walker Digital over contextual link provision in webpage advertising and automatic bidding in auctions, Mike’s wins came as lead counsel on three of them, where two were dismissed with prejudice and one judgment of no infringement was affirmed on appeal.
Also of Interest
- Shape of Things to Come: Protecting Product Configuration and Packaging Design September 26, 2016 • Articles
- On the Road to a Safe and Secure Internet of Things: What Companies Should Do September 19, 2016 • Articles
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- UNITED STATES: Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015 Strengthens... August 23, 2016 • Articles
- UNITED STATES: Phantom Mark Depicting Arrangement of Numerical Financial Data... August 23, 2016 • Articles
- Daily Journal Names Malecek Among the “Top 75 Intellectual Property Litigators” August 17, 2016 • Recognitions
- Best Lawyers 2017 Recognizes 41 Kaye Scholer Lawyers August 15, 2016 • Recognitions
- 3D Printing: New Life Sciences Technology and Old Product Liability Claims August 1, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Secures Complete Motion to Dismiss for Redwood Capital July 22, 2016 • Client Successes