The newly founded American College of Governance Counsel has selected Silicon Valley-based Corporate Partner Diane Frankle as a member of its inaugural class of Fellows. The College—a professional, educational and honorary association of lawyers widely-recognized for their achievements in the field of governance—elected as Fellows an initial class of 36 accomplished professionals from the US and Canada who have made significant, sustained contributions to the governance community through their practice activities, speaking, writing and thought leadership.
Membership in the College is extended by invitation only to lawyers who have practiced law for a minimum of 15 years, while devoting at least 10 of those practice years focused on the field of governance. Fellows spend a substantial amount of their time in boardrooms advising directors in a variety of circumstances such as management succession, internal investigations, disclosure obligations, shareholder litigation, shareholder activism and engagement, and a broad range of regulatory and governmental matters.
The College’s mission is to serve the legal profession and clients by helping to encourage and foster a strong commitment to a high level of professional standards among governance practitioners and a better understanding and broader adoption of best governance practices within business organizations.
One of California’s most recognized transactional lawyers, Frankle has completed well over 100 M&A transactions over her 25+-year career in Silicon Valley. She was named Best Lawyers’ 2015 San Francisco Corporate Governance Law “Lawyer of the Year” and is consistently honored by The Daily Journal as one of the top-100 women lawyers in California for her leadership in M&A, corporate governance, public company reporting obligations and antitakeover counseling.
Also of Interest
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts