The California legal publication Daily Journal has selected Kaye Scholer’s Silicon Valley Corporate Partner Diane Holt Frankle, Los Angeles Litigation Partner Rhonda Trotter and Los Angeles Litigation Partner Pamela Yates for its annual list of the “Top Women Lawyers in California.”
In selecting Frankle, the Daily Journal notes that in her over 25 years practicing in Silicon Valley, she has completed more than 100 M&A transactions exceeding $12 billion in total value. It also notes she is a major advocate for women staying in law firms to become partners on the transactional side, quoting her as saying: “It is important for the future of law practice to bring more women into the senior ranks.”
Trotter is noted for being the lead counsel to Prince in a case that led Warner Bros. Records Inc. last year to return the rights to artist’s master recordings. The agreement put an end to the 20-year dispute between Prince and Warner Bros. As part of the deal Warner Bros. granted back all of Prince’s rights to music he recorded from 1978-1990. This included rights to blockbuster albums Purple Rain and Controversy.
The publication’s profile of Yates says she considers herself “lucky enough” to go to trial twice on behalf of Philip Morris USA Inc., achieving a low damages award with no findings of punitive damages in one case and winning a unanimous defense verdict in the other. She describes “one of the highlights” of her year to be her exclusion of a plaintiffs’ general causation expert in her defense of Pfizer’s Zoloft.
Each year, the Daily Journal reviews hundreds of nominations from law firms, public agencies, nonprofits and universities before choosing lawyers whose work is having a broad impact on the California legal community for its Top Women Lawyers list.
Also of Interest
- Law360 Names Blank a 2016 Intellectual Property MVP December 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- SEC Adopts New Rules: Fund Liquidity, Reporting and Disclosure, and “Swing Pricing” December 6, 2016 • Client Alerts
- NLJ Names Yates a 2016 Litigation Trailblazer December 6, 2016 • Recognitions
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- And Now A Word From The Panel: MDL Venue Choices November 30, 2016 • Articles
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association Honors Waks November 17, 2016 • Recognitions