The California legal publication Daily Journal has selected Kaye Scholer’s Silicon Valley Corporate Partner Diane Holt Frankle, Los Angeles Litigation Partner Rhonda Trotter and Los Angeles Litigation Partner Pamela Yates for its annual list of the “Top Women Lawyers in California.”
In selecting Frankle, the Daily Journal notes that in her over 25 years practicing in Silicon Valley, she has completed more than 100 M&A transactions exceeding $12 billion in total value. It also notes she is a major advocate for women staying in law firms to become partners on the transactional side, quoting her as saying: “It is important for the future of law practice to bring more women into the senior ranks.”
Trotter is noted for being the lead counsel to Prince in a case that led Warner Bros. Records Inc. last year to return the rights to artist’s master recordings. The agreement put an end to the 20-year dispute between Prince and Warner Bros. As part of the deal Warner Bros. granted back all of Prince’s rights to music he recorded from 1978-1990. This included rights to blockbuster albums Purple Rain and Controversy.
The publication’s profile of Yates says she considers herself “lucky enough” to go to trial twice on behalf of Philip Morris USA Inc., achieving a low damages award with no findings of punitive damages in one case and winning a unanimous defense verdict in the other. She describes “one of the highlights” of her year to be her exclusion of a plaintiffs’ general causation expert in her defense of Pfizer’s Zoloft.
Each year, the Daily Journal reviews hundreds of nominations from law firms, public agencies, nonprofits and universities before choosing lawyers whose work is having a broad impact on the California legal community for its Top Women Lawyers list.
Also of Interest
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- What’s Really Remarkable about the Appeals Court Ruling on the CFPB October 20, 2016 • Articles
- Maier Plans Emergency Response with Fort Meade and Fort Detrick Commanders October 20, 2016 • Client Successes
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Winning the War: Strategies for Prevailing in Consumer Fraud and False Advertising... October 17, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- 3D Printing: New Legal Issues Emerge with the Technology’s Revolutionary Potential October 10, 2016 • Articles
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- Antitrust Jurisprudence in the Second Circuit October 1, 2016 • Articles