The California legal publication Daily Journal has selected Kaye Scholer’s Silicon Valley Corporate Partner Diane Holt Frankle, Los Angeles Litigation Partner Rhonda Trotter and Los Angeles Litigation Partner Pamela Yates for its annual list of the “Top Women Lawyers in California.”
In selecting Frankle, the Daily Journal notes that in her over 25 years practicing in Silicon Valley, she has completed more than 100 M&A transactions exceeding $12 billion in total value. It also notes she is a major advocate for women staying in law firms to become partners on the transactional side, quoting her as saying: “It is important for the future of law practice to bring more women into the senior ranks.”
Trotter is noted for being the lead counsel to Prince in a case that led Warner Bros. Records Inc. last year to return the rights to artist’s master recordings. The agreement put an end to the 20-year dispute between Prince and Warner Bros. As part of the deal Warner Bros. granted back all of Prince’s rights to music he recorded from 1978-1990. This included rights to blockbuster albums Purple Rain and Controversy.
The publication’s profile of Yates says she considers herself “lucky enough” to go to trial twice on behalf of Philip Morris USA Inc., achieving a low damages award with no findings of punitive damages in one case and winning a unanimous defense verdict in the other. She describes “one of the highlights” of her year to be her exclusion of a plaintiffs’ general causation expert in her defense of Pfizer’s Zoloft.
Each year, the Daily Journal reviews hundreds of nominations from law firms, public agencies, nonprofits and universities before choosing lawyers whose work is having a broad impact on the California legal community for its Top Women Lawyers list.
Also of Interest
- Shape of Things to Come: Protecting Product Configuration and Packaging Design September 26, 2016 • Articles
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- On the Road to a Safe and Secure Internet of Things: What Companies Should Do September 19, 2016 • Articles
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Druckenbrodt Quoted in Bloomberg on Volkswagen Dieselgate September 14, 2016 • Media Mentions
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Arbisser Featured in The Recorder and Law360... September 7, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters