Program honors clear and concise writing
Kaye Scholer Commercial Litigation partner Peter Haveles received a 2015 Burton Award for Distinguished Legal Writing for his article, “The CFTC Overreaches in Its Interpretation of the Anti-Manipulation Provisions Adopted in Dodd-Frank,” published by Bloomberg BNA’s Securities Regulation and Law Report. Only 30 winners are chosen annually from nominations submitted by the nation’s top 1,000 largest and most prestigious law firms for a bylined article published in a credible media outlet in the previous year.
The Burton Awards for Legal Achievement, held in association with the Library of Congress, were established in 1999 to reward great achievements in law, including publications and reforms, in addition to legal writing. According to a website statement by the Awards’ founder, William C. Burton, “We hope to continue to be a central and pivotal voice against convoluted and stilted writing.”
Haveles focuses his practice on complex disputes involving the financial markets and commercial transactions. Over the course of his career, Peter has developed an extensive understanding of his clients’ business operations, the financial markets in which they operate and the risks that accompany them. Based on that knowledge and experience, he has advised clients with respect to litigation risks for numerous transactions and litigation arising from those transactions. In addition, Peter actively counsels clients of the firm in these areas to minimize the litigation risks associated with their businesses, and to resolve disputes as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Also of Interest
- Who’s the Lender? Two “True Lender” Cases with Implications for Marketplace Platforms November 10, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Receives Legal Aid Society’s Pro Bono Publico Award November 4, 2016 • Recognitions
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- Three Partners Named to Benchmark Litigation’s Inaugural “Under 40 Hot List” August 11, 2016 • Recognitions