Program honors clear and concise writing
Kaye Scholer Commercial Litigation partner Peter Haveles received a 2015 Burton Award for Distinguished Legal Writing for his article, “The CFTC Overreaches in Its Interpretation of the Anti-Manipulation Provisions Adopted in Dodd-Frank,” published by Bloomberg BNA’s Securities Regulation and Law Report. Only 30 winners are chosen annually from nominations submitted by the nation’s top 1,000 largest and most prestigious law firms for a bylined article published in a credible media outlet in the previous year.
The Burton Awards for Legal Achievement, held in association with the Library of Congress, were established in 1999 to reward great achievements in law, including publications and reforms, in addition to legal writing. According to a website statement by the Awards’ founder, William C. Burton, “We hope to continue to be a central and pivotal voice against convoluted and stilted writing.”
Haveles focuses his practice on complex disputes involving the financial markets and commercial transactions. Over the course of his career, Peter has developed an extensive understanding of his clients’ business operations, the financial markets in which they operate and the risks that accompany them. Based on that knowledge and experience, he has advised clients with respect to litigation risks for numerous transactions and litigation arising from those transactions. In addition, Peter actively counsels clients of the firm in these areas to minimize the litigation risks associated with their businesses, and to resolve disputes as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Also of Interest
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- Best Lawyers 2017 Recognizes 41 Kaye Scholer Lawyers August 15, 2016 • Recognitions
- Three Partners Named to Benchmark Litigation’s Inaugural “Under 40 Hot List” August 11, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Achieves Complete Victory for Spirit AeroSystems in Securities Class Action July 6, 2016 • Client Successes
- Three Kaye Scholer Partners Named Among Benchmark Litigation’s Top 250 Women... June 29, 2016 • Recognitions
- Ten Kaye Scholer Practices Recognized, 29 Individuals Cited in Legal 500 US 2016 June 15, 2016 • Recognitions
- Managing Your MDL for Maximum Impact May 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- SCOTUS Rules That Lawsuit Alleging Naked Short Selling Can Proceed in State Court May 18, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Haveles Speaks to Law360 on the High Court's Merrill Lynch v. Manning Ruling May 17, 2016 • Media Mentions