Kaye Scholer’s Intellectual Property Practice is once again recognized in the annual IAM Patent 1000 – The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners guide. The guide notes our Practice’s overall strength, especially in our New York and Silicon Valley offices, and also identifies six partners and special counsel as leaders in the profession based on their respective skills and strengths.
Our New York office was highlighted for its transactional capabilities, with the guide noting that “Kaye Scholer is instructed when the most valuable product lines are threatened.”
The guide also reported clients’ respect for the office’s patent litigation abilities: “The lawyers there don’t just repeat the prosecution history to you; they provide real advice that proves they are steeped in this kind of litigation,” the guide states. “Clients find a cohesive group of hands-on partners, and don’t have to rely on one marquee litigator to pull rabbits out of hats.”
Similar sentiments were expressed for our Silicon Valley office, where “lawyers can effortlessly distil the finer points of complex cases for both judges and juries, no matter what the technology involved.” As part of its recognition, the guide also acknowledged Kaye Scholer as a leader in the life sciences sector in California.
In addition to our practice rankings, Silicon Valley-based partner and IP Practice Co-Head Michael Malecek was ranked in the gold band of IAM Patent 1000 for California, with the guide noting him as a “true top-tier lawyer” and a “lightning rod for praise” in the field. Silicon Valley-based Partner Deborah Fishman was also ranked, as were New York-based Partner and IP Practice Co-Head Aaron Stiefel and Partners Daniel DiNapoli and David Barr. Special Counsel Gerald Sobel was recognized as a “Luminary” for the second year in a row.
Now in its fourth year, IAM Patent 1000 identifies the top patent practitioners in key jurisdictions around the globe.
Also of Interest
- PTAB Monitor: Developments in Inter Partes Review Practice December 9, 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- Law360 Names Blank a 2016 Intellectual Property MVP December 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- NLJ Names Yates a 2016 Litigation Trailblazer December 6, 2016 • Recognitions
- Second Circuit Expands Split on Nominative Fair Use November 16, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Biohaven on Oversubscribed Private Financing November 4, 2016 • Client Successes
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions
- Maier Plans Emergency Response with Fort Meade and Fort Detrick Commanders October 20, 2016 • Client Successes