Kaye Scholer’s Intellectual Property Practice is once again recognized in the annual IAM Patent 1000 – The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners guide. The guide notes our Practice’s overall strength, especially in our New York and Silicon Valley offices, and also identifies six partners and special counsel as leaders in the profession based on their respective skills and strengths.
Our New York office was highlighted for its transactional capabilities, with the guide noting that “Kaye Scholer is instructed when the most valuable product lines are threatened.”
The guide also reported clients’ respect for the office’s patent litigation abilities: “The lawyers there don’t just repeat the prosecution history to you; they provide real advice that proves they are steeped in this kind of litigation,” the guide states. “Clients find a cohesive group of hands-on partners, and don’t have to rely on one marquee litigator to pull rabbits out of hats.”
Similar sentiments were expressed for our Silicon Valley office, where “lawyers can effortlessly distil the finer points of complex cases for both judges and juries, no matter what the technology involved.” As part of its recognition, the guide also acknowledged Kaye Scholer as a leader in the life sciences sector in California.
In addition to our practice rankings, Silicon Valley-based partner and IP Practice Co-Head Michael Malecek was ranked in the gold band of IAM Patent 1000 for California, with the guide noting him as a “true top-tier lawyer” and a “lightning rod for praise” in the field. Silicon Valley-based Partner Deborah Fishman was also ranked, as were New York-based Partner and IP Practice Co-Head Aaron Stiefel and Partners Daniel DiNapoli and David Barr. Special Counsel Gerald Sobel was recognized as a “Luminary” for the second year in a row.
Now in its fourth year, IAM Patent 1000 identifies the top patent practitioners in key jurisdictions around the globe.
Also of Interest
- Shape of Things to Come: Protecting Product Configuration and Packaging Design September 26, 2016 • Articles
- On the Road to a Safe and Secure Internet of Things: What Companies Should Do September 19, 2016 • Articles
- Arbisser Featured in The Recorder and Law360... September 7, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- UNITED STATES: Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015 Strengthens... August 23, 2016 • Articles
- UNITED STATES: Phantom Mark Depicting Arrangement of Numerical Financial Data... August 23, 2016 • Articles
- Daily Journal Names Malecek Among the “Top 75 Intellectual Property Litigators” August 17, 2016 • Recognitions