Washington, D.C.-based special counsel Randy Speck has been appointed by the Mayor as Chair of the Sustainable Energy Utility Advisory Board (SEUAB), within the District’s Department of Energy & Environment (DOEE). The SEUAB provides advice, comments, and recommendations to the DOEE and the District of Columbia Council regarding the administration of the DC Sustainable Energy Utility (DC SEU) contract, as well as on the progress of the DCSEU’s ongoing initiatives.
For more than 30 years, Randy has handled a variety of complex proceedings involving electric industry restructuring, development and implementation of organized electric markets, multibillion-dollar contract disputes, design and construction projects, antitrust claims, alleged fraud and negligence suits. He was designated a “Groundbreaking Lawyer for 2009” by Public Utilities Fortnightly and is ranked by Best Lawyers in America (2012-2016) for his work in Energy Law.
The DC SEU, funded by a $20 million annual assessment on utility rates, develops and administers programs for environmental preservation, community engagement, and economic development. Since 2011, the DC SEU has delivered financial incentives, technical assistance, and environmental education information to tens of thousands of District residents and businesses, helping them to save millions of dollars on their energy costs. Specifically, the SEU is charged with:
- Reducing per-capita energy consumption;
- Increasing renewable energy generating capacity;
- Reducing the growth of peak electricity demand;
- Improving the energy efficiency of low-income housing;
- Reducing the growth of the energy demand of DC’s largest energy users; and
- Increasing the number of green-collar jobs.
For more about the DC SEU, please visit its website.
Also of Interest
- What’s Really Remarkable about the Appeals Court Ruling on the CFPB October 20, 2016 • Articles
- Winning the War: Strategies for Prevailing in Consumer Fraud and False Advertising... October 17, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- 3D Printing: New Legal Issues Emerge with the Technology’s Revolutionary Potential October 10, 2016 • Articles
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- Antitrust Jurisprudence in the Second Circuit October 1, 2016 • Articles
- And Now A Word From The Panel: 3 Alternatives To MDLs September 28, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions