Washington, D.C.-based special counsel Randy Speck has been appointed by the Mayor as Chair of the Sustainable Energy Utility Advisory Board (SEUAB), within the District’s Department of Energy & Environment (DOEE). The SEUAB provides advice, comments, and recommendations to the DOEE and the District of Columbia Council regarding the administration of the DC Sustainable Energy Utility (DC SEU) contract, as well as on the progress of the DCSEU’s ongoing initiatives.
For more than 30 years, Randy has handled a variety of complex proceedings involving electric industry restructuring, development and implementation of organized electric markets, multibillion-dollar contract disputes, design and construction projects, antitrust claims, alleged fraud and negligence suits. He was designated a “Groundbreaking Lawyer for 2009” by Public Utilities Fortnightly and is ranked by Best Lawyers in America (2012-2016) for his work in Energy Law.
The DC SEU, funded by a $20 million annual assessment on utility rates, develops and administers programs for environmental preservation, community engagement, and economic development. Since 2011, the DC SEU has delivered financial incentives, technical assistance, and environmental education information to tens of thousands of District residents and businesses, helping them to save millions of dollars on their energy costs. Specifically, the SEU is charged with:
- Reducing per-capita energy consumption;
- Increasing renewable energy generating capacity;
- Reducing the growth of peak electricity demand;
- Improving the energy efficiency of low-income housing;
- Reducing the growth of the energy demand of DC’s largest energy users; and
- Increasing the number of green-collar jobs.
For more about the DC SEU, please visit its website.
Also of Interest
- Law360 Names Blank a 2016 Intellectual Property MVP December 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- NLJ Names Yates a 2016 Litigation Trailblazer December 6, 2016 • Recognitions
- And Now A Word From The Panel: MDL Venue Choices November 30, 2016 • Articles
- Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association Honors Waks November 17, 2016 • Recognitions
- Second Circuit Expands Split on Nominative Fair Use November 16, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Lattanzio Receives NYSBA Pro Bono Award November 3, 2016 • Recognitions
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions