Washington, D.C.-based special counsel Randy Speck has been appointed by the Mayor as Chair of the Sustainable Energy Utility Advisory Board (SEUAB), within the District’s Department of Energy & Environment (DOEE). The SEUAB provides advice, comments, and recommendations to the DOEE and the District of Columbia Council regarding the administration of the DC Sustainable Energy Utility (DC SEU) contract, as well as on the progress of the DCSEU’s ongoing initiatives.
For more than 30 years, Randy has handled a variety of complex proceedings involving electric industry restructuring, development and implementation of organized electric markets, multibillion-dollar contract disputes, design and construction projects, antitrust claims, alleged fraud and negligence suits. He was designated a “Groundbreaking Lawyer for 2009” by Public Utilities Fortnightly and is ranked by Best Lawyers in America (2012-2016) for his work in Energy Law.
The DC SEU, funded by a $20 million annual assessment on utility rates, develops and administers programs for environmental preservation, community engagement, and economic development. Since 2011, the DC SEU has delivered financial incentives, technical assistance, and environmental education information to tens of thousands of District residents and businesses, helping them to save millions of dollars on their energy costs. Specifically, the SEU is charged with:
- Reducing per-capita energy consumption;
- Increasing renewable energy generating capacity;
- Reducing the growth of peak electricity demand;
- Improving the energy efficiency of low-income housing;
- Reducing the growth of the energy demand of DC’s largest energy users; and
- Increasing the number of green-collar jobs.
For more about the DC SEU, please visit its website.
Also of Interest
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Shape of Things to Come: Protecting Product Configuration and Packaging Design September 26, 2016 • Articles
- On the Road to a Safe and Secure Internet of Things: What Companies Should Do September 19, 2016 • Articles
- Druckenbrodt Quoted in Bloomberg on Volkswagen Dieselgate September 14, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Arbisser Featured in The Recorder and Law360... September 7, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Following Five-Day Trial, Kaye Scholer Secures Win for Medicalgorithmics August 25, 2016 • Client Successes
- Doing Deals with Competitors: Beware of Taking Minority Equity Stakes or Board Seats August 24, 2016 • Articles
- Delaware Court Endorses Share Tracing in Order to Deny Appraisal Claims in Dell Merger August 24, 2016 • Articles