The National Law Journal recently named Kaye Scholer partner and Antitrust practice chair Saul Morgenstern as one of its “Mergers & Acquisitions and Antitrust Trailblazers.” The NLJ’s Trailblazer list comprises top practitioners who have “moved the needle” and raised the bar to achieve favorable outcomes for their clients.
The NLJ selected Saul for his career-long commitment to helping clients navigate antitrust challenges, and highlighted some recent successes, such as his lead role in the defense of Clayworth v. Pfizer, a long-running price-fixing case against virtually all of the major branded pharmaceutical companies in which the Kaye Scholer team led the industry’s successful drive for summary judgment, and in The Bookhouse of Stuyvesant Plaza, et al. v. Amazon.com et al., in which the team secured the dismissal with prejudice on behalf of five major publishers of a complaint asserting that Amazon and the publishers conspired to prevent competition by using proprietary digital rights management software that prevented independent booksellers from selling electronic books to Kindle owners.
“This is an exemplary list that catalogs the extraordinary accomplishments of innovative thinkers and leading practitioners,” The National Law Journal & Legal Times vice president and group publisher Kenneth A. Gary wrote in an introduction to the 2015 Trailblazers list.
Also of Interest
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- GIR 100 Names Kaye Scholer a World Leader in Cross-Border Investigations October 10, 2016 • Recognitions
- Antitrust Jurisprudence in the Second Circuit October 1, 2016 • Articles
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Morgenstern, Patterson Assess Second Circuit’s Antitrust Legacy in Fordham Law Review September 19, 2016 • Articles
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Doing Deals with Competitors: Beware of Taking Minority Equity Stakes or Board Seats August 24, 2016 • Articles