The National Law Journal recently named Kaye Scholer partner and Antitrust practice chair Saul Morgenstern as one of its “Mergers & Acquisitions and Antitrust Trailblazers.” The NLJ’s Trailblazer list comprises top practitioners who have “moved the needle” and raised the bar to achieve favorable outcomes for their clients.
The NLJ selected Saul for his career-long commitment to helping clients navigate antitrust challenges, and highlighted some recent successes, such as his lead role in the defense of Clayworth v. Pfizer, a long-running price-fixing case against virtually all of the major branded pharmaceutical companies in which the Kaye Scholer team led the industry’s successful drive for summary judgment, and in The Bookhouse of Stuyvesant Plaza, et al. v. Amazon.com et al., in which the team secured the dismissal with prejudice on behalf of five major publishers of a complaint asserting that Amazon and the publishers conspired to prevent competition by using proprietary digital rights management software that prevented independent booksellers from selling electronic books to Kindle owners.
“This is an exemplary list that catalogs the extraordinary accomplishments of innovative thinkers and leading practitioners,” The National Law Journal & Legal Times vice president and group publisher Kenneth A. Gary wrote in an introduction to the 2015 Trailblazers list.
Also of Interest
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Bregal, Motion Equity in Morrison Utility Services Sale November 7, 2016 • Client Successes
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions
- Compliance Berater Publishes Jungermann Article on Antitrust Follow-On Issues November 1, 2016 • Articles
- Term Sheets and Tech Deals: Key Considerations Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions