Kaye Scholer is ranked 14 times, in four regions globally, in the 2016 edition of the IFLR1000, an annual guide to the world's leading financial and corporate law firms.
The 2016 edition recognizes eight of Kaye Scholer’s United States-based practices: Banking; Capital Markets, including Debt, Equity and Structured Finance & Securitization; M&A; Private Equity Funds; Project Finance; and Restructuring & Insolvency. It also highlights as “notable” the firm’s Frankfurt-based Banking practice, Shanghai-based Foreign M&A practice and London-based Financial Restructuring and Private Equity practices.
In addition to the firm’s practice rankings, three Kaye Scholer Finance partners were ranked as “Leading Lawyers” for the fourth year in the row—Gary Bernstein was recognized in Banking, while Ed Gabbay and Sheryl Gittlitz were listed for Banking and Financial Services.
Corporate partner Mel Cherney was also noted as a “Leading Lawyer” in Private Equity and Investment Management for the second year in a row, while London Corporate partner Andrew Harris was recognized for the first time for Private Equity.
Another new addition to the list includes Bankruptcy partner Stephen Rutenberg, who was named a "Rising Star" for Restructuring and Insolvency.
The IFLR1000 is compiled by a team of journalists in New York, London and Hong Kong. Rankings are based on the recommendations of in-house counsel at prominent financial institutions and companies, as well as the input of leading lawyers in various international markets.
Kaye Scholer’s complete rankings are as follows:
United States Practices:
- Capital Markets: Debt
- Capital Markets: Equity
- Capital Markets: Structured Finance & Securitization
- Investment Funds: Private Equity Funds
- Project Finance
- Restructuring & Insolvency
United States Leading Lawyers:
- Gary Bernstein–Banking
- Edmond Gabbay–Banking, Financial Services
- Sheryl Gittlitz–Banking, Financial Services
- Mel Cherney–Private Equity, Investment Management
- Stephen Rutenberg–Restructuring and Insolvency
- Mergers and Acquisitions (Foreign)
United Kingdom Practices:
- Private Equity
- Financial Restructuring
United Kingdom Leading Lawyer:
- Andrew Harris–Private Equity
Also of Interest
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Golodner Quoted in IFLR on Proposed NYS Digital Security Laws November 29, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- The Strategic View—Aviation UK November 17, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Who’s the Lender? Two “True Lender” Cases with Implications for Marketplace Platforms November 10, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Using Technology Service Providers Is No Silver Bullet November 7, 2016 • Articles