Kaye Scholer is ranked 14 times, in four regions globally, in the 2016 edition of the IFLR1000, an annual guide to the world's leading financial and corporate law firms.
The 2016 edition recognizes eight of Kaye Scholer’s United States-based practices: Banking; Capital Markets, including Debt, Equity and Structured Finance & Securitization; M&A; Private Equity Funds; Project Finance; and Restructuring & Insolvency. It also highlights as “notable” the firm’s Frankfurt-based Banking practice, Shanghai-based Foreign M&A practice and London-based Financial Restructuring and Private Equity practices.
In addition to the firm’s practice rankings, three Kaye Scholer Finance partners were ranked as “Leading Lawyers” for the fourth year in the row—Gary Bernstein was recognized in Banking, while Ed Gabbay and Sheryl Gittlitz were listed for Banking and Financial Services.
Corporate partner Mel Cherney was also noted as a “Leading Lawyer” in Private Equity and Investment Management for the second year in a row, while London Corporate partner Andrew Harris was recognized for the first time for Private Equity.
Another new addition to the list includes Bankruptcy partner Stephen Rutenberg, who was named a "Rising Star" for Restructuring and Insolvency.
The IFLR1000 is compiled by a team of journalists in New York, London and Hong Kong. Rankings are based on the recommendations of in-house counsel at prominent financial institutions and companies, as well as the input of leading lawyers in various international markets.
Kaye Scholer’s complete rankings are as follows:
United States Practices:
- Capital Markets: Debt
- Capital Markets: Equity
- Capital Markets: Structured Finance & Securitization
- Investment Funds: Private Equity Funds
- Project Finance
- Restructuring & Insolvency
United States Leading Lawyers:
- Gary Bernstein–Banking
- Edmond Gabbay–Banking, Financial Services
- Sheryl Gittlitz–Banking, Financial Services
- Mel Cherney–Private Equity, Investment Management
- Stephen Rutenberg–Restructuring and Insolvency
- Mergers and Acquisitions (Foreign)
United Kingdom Practices:
- Private Equity
- Financial Restructuring
United Kingdom Leading Lawyer:
- Andrew Harris–Private Equity
Also of Interest
- Culhane Quoted in Private Funds Management on Fund-Related Legal Fees October 25, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- What’s Really Remarkable about the Appeals Court Ruling on the CFPB October 20, 2016 • Articles
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Asghar Quoted in Airfinance Journal on Iran Aseman Airlines October 10, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes