Kaye Scholer is ranked 14 times, in four regions globally, in the 2016 edition of the IFLR1000, an annual guide to the world's leading financial and corporate law firms.
The 2016 edition recognizes eight of Kaye Scholer’s United States-based practices: Banking; Capital Markets, including Debt, Equity and Structured Finance & Securitization; M&A; Private Equity Funds; Project Finance; and Restructuring & Insolvency. It also highlights as “notable” the firm’s Frankfurt-based Banking practice, Shanghai-based Foreign M&A practice and London-based Financial Restructuring and Private Equity practices.
In addition to the firm’s practice rankings, three Kaye Scholer Finance partners were ranked as “Leading Lawyers” for the fourth year in the row—Gary Bernstein was recognized in Banking, while Ed Gabbay and Sheryl Gittlitz were listed for Banking and Financial Services.
Corporate partner Mel Cherney was also noted as a “Leading Lawyer” in Private Equity and Investment Management for the second year in a row, while London Corporate partner Andrew Harris was recognized for the first time for Private Equity.
Another new addition to the list includes Bankruptcy partner Stephen Rutenberg, who was named a "Rising Star" for Restructuring and Insolvency.
The IFLR1000 is compiled by a team of journalists in New York, London and Hong Kong. Rankings are based on the recommendations of in-house counsel at prominent financial institutions and companies, as well as the input of leading lawyers in various international markets.
Kaye Scholer’s complete rankings are as follows:
United States Practices:
- Capital Markets: Debt
- Capital Markets: Equity
- Capital Markets: Structured Finance & Securitization
- Investment Funds: Private Equity Funds
- Project Finance
- Restructuring & Insolvency
United States Leading Lawyers:
- Gary Bernstein–Banking
- Edmond Gabbay–Banking, Financial Services
- Sheryl Gittlitz–Banking, Financial Services
- Mel Cherney–Private Equity, Investment Management
- Stephen Rutenberg–Restructuring and Insolvency
- Mergers and Acquisitions (Foreign)
United Kingdom Practices:
- Private Equity
- Financial Restructuring
United Kingdom Leading Lawyer:
- Andrew Harris–Private Equity
Also of Interest
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- Kaye Scholer Advises The Mortgage Lender on £250 Million Warehouse Financing September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes