The National Law Journal has named Kaye Scholer partner and Global Cybersecurity & Privacy Group leader Adam Golodner to its inaugural list of “Cybersecurity & Data Privacy Trailblazers.” The NLJ’s Trailblazer list, announced on December 16, comprises the leading minds that have “helped make a difference in the fight against criminal cyber activity and towards adding much needed layers of data security in an increasingly digital world of commerce.”
The NLJ selected Golodner for his unique career spanning the beginning of the modern cybersecurity industry and including more than 20 years of leadership positions in academia, government and in-house at Cisco Systems, where he led the company’s global cyber policy focus. Among the many trails Golodner has blazed, the NLJ focused on his active engagement in US law and legislation around cybersecurity in his role as a member of the White House’s E-Commerce Working Group, the Department of Justice’s Privacy Council and chief of staff for the DOJ’s Antitrust Division; his involvement in broad cyber and trade areas between the US, Europe, China, India, Russia and Brazil surrounding regulatory decision-making; and his work helping to move the needle toward innovation and an open Internet.
The NLJ also noted Golodner’s pioneering ‘holistic’ approach to the cyber practice, which brings all the elements of cyber policy, litigation, corporate governance and transactions to bear on a client’s cyber issue. This understanding of the big picture and interconnectedness of the issues has helped set him apart when it comes to providing high-impact strategic advice and solutions for complex issues at the intersection of law, security, policy, technology, innovation and economics.
“Our goal is to spotlight those making a big difference,” The National Law Journal & Legal Times vice president and group publisher Kenneth A. Gary wrote in an introduction to the 2015 Trailblazers list. “While those recognized impact the practice of law in different ways, a common thread ties them together: each has shown a deep passion and perseverance in pursuit of their mission, having achieved remarkable success along the way.”
Also of Interest
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions
- What’s Really Remarkable about the Appeals Court Ruling on the CFPB October 20, 2016 • Articles
- Maier Plans Emergency Response with Fort Meade and Fort Detrick Commanders October 20, 2016 • Client Successes
- Winning the War: Strategies for Prevailing in Consumer Fraud and False Advertising... October 17, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- 3D Printing: New Legal Issues Emerge with the Technology’s Revolutionary Potential October 10, 2016 • Articles
- GIR 100 Names Kaye Scholer a World Leader in Cross-Border Investigations October 10, 2016 • Recognitions
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- Antitrust Jurisprudence in the Second Circuit October 1, 2016 • Articles