Corporate partner Kathleen Moriarty has been recognized for her many contributions to the exchange-traded funds (ETF) and indexing industries with the 2016 William F. Sharpe Indexing Lifetime Achievement Award. Presented by Institutional Investor’s The Journal of Investing, the William F. Sharpe Indexing Achievement Awards recognize the most accomplished innovators and practitioners in the field of indexing. Past winners include Burton Malkiel, John Bogle, Paul Samuelson, Debbie Fuhr, Joanne Hill, Harry Markowitz, Lee Kranefuss, Gus Sauter and Bob Whaley, among others.
Moriarty has extensive experience representing investment companies with the creation, structuring and development of new exchange-traded products (ETPs). Actively involved in the development of SPDRs, the first US exchange-traded fund (ETF), she has since advised on the creation of many other ETFs including iShares, ProShares, WisdomTree and IndexIQ. Moriarty represents a wide variety of market participants in connection with ETPs as well as commodity-backed derivative securities and non-investment company exchange traded vehicles such as the SPDR Gold Trust and the US ETFS precious metals trusts. She also advises index providers licensing their financial products to ETPs.
Notably, Moriarty is a member of the ETF DataBase’s ETF Hall of Fame, a recipient of two Global ETP Icons of the Industry Awards and the winner of the first-ever ETF.com Lifetime Achievement Award.
Also of Interest
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Golodner Quoted in IFLR on Proposed NYS Digital Security Laws November 29, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- The Strategic View—Aviation UK November 17, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Who’s the Lender? Two “True Lender” Cases with Implications for Marketplace Platforms November 10, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Using Technology Service Providers Is No Silver Bullet November 7, 2016 • Articles