Euromoney Legal Media Group has revealed its shortlist for the 2016 “Americas Women in Business Law Awards." These individual practice area awards recognize the best lawyer in each practice area category. Bankruptcy & Restructuring partner Madlyn Primoff is nominated for “Best in Insolvency & Restructuring” and Litigation partner Pam Yates is nominated for “Best in Life Sciences.” This is Yates’ third consecutive year being shortlisted for this award and Primoff’s second.
Yates is a highly successful life sciences and product liability trial lawyer who is one of a very select group of female product liability litigators in the US who has tried cases in multiple state and federal court venues involving pharmaceuticals, consumer products, and medical devices. She has extensive experience in MDL and class action work, and for many years has acted as national coordinating counsel in various mass tort cases. In that role, she has been responsible for all aspects of litigation, including trial, trial preparation and strategy, science and overall Daubert strategy.
Primoff has more than 25 years of experience representing lending groups, global financial institutions, creditors’ committees, private equity funds and hedge funds in out-of-court bankruptcies, workouts and restructurings, pre-arranged Chapter 11 cases, contentious Chapter 11 cases and related litigation matters. Her vast experience working with complex structures, combined with a deep understanding of the regulatory issues that industries such as transportation, energy, communications, infrastructure and financial services face, offers clients numerous benefits.
Also of Interest
- Law360 Names Blank a 2016 Intellectual Property MVP December 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- NLJ Names Yates a 2016 Litigation Trailblazer December 6, 2016 • Recognitions
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- And Now A Word From The Panel: MDL Venue Choices November 30, 2016 • Articles
- Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association Honors Waks November 17, 2016 • Recognitions
- Second Circuit Expands Split on Nominative Fair Use November 16, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Biohaven on Oversubscribed Private Financing November 4, 2016 • Client Successes