Litigation partner Sheila Boston has been appointed one of the New York City Bar Association’s (NYCBA) three vice presidents. She will serve in this position for the next three years.
The City Bar’s Executive Committee consists of 16 elected members and six officers who are ex officio members. The elected members of the Executive Committee are divided into four classes of four members each, with each class holding office for four years. In keeping with the City Bar’s diversity objectives, of the 22 members, 12 are male and 10 are female, and 50% (11 of 22) are from historically underrepresented groups.
Since its founding in 1870, the NYCBA has been dedicated to maintaining the high ethical standards of the legal profession, promoting reform of the law and access to justice, and providing service to the profession and the public. The Association, through its 24,000 members, continues to work for political, legal and social reform, while implementing innovative means to help the disadvantaged. Protecting the public’s welfare remains one of the Association’s highest priorities.
A devoted advocate of diversity and inclusion, Boston also serves as the Chair of the National Bar Association’s Minority Partners in Majority Firms Division and Chair of the New York City Bar Association’s Enhance Diversity in the Profession Committee. She received the New York Law Journal’s 2014 Lifetime Achievement award and was recognized in 2015 by Savoy Magazine as one of the nation’s Most Influential Black Lawyers.
Also of Interest
- Law360 Names Blank a 2016 Intellectual Property MVP December 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- NLJ Names Yates a 2016 Litigation Trailblazer December 6, 2016 • Recognitions
- And Now A Word From The Panel: MDL Venue Choices November 30, 2016 • Articles
- Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association Honors Waks November 17, 2016 • Recognitions
- Second Circuit Expands Split on Nominative Fair Use November 16, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Lattanzio Receives NYSBA Pro Bono Award November 3, 2016 • Recognitions
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions