Litigation partner Sheila Boston has been appointed one of the New York City Bar Association’s (NYCBA) three vice presidents. She will serve in this position for the next three years.
The City Bar’s Executive Committee consists of 16 elected members and six officers who are ex officio members. The elected members of the Executive Committee are divided into four classes of four members each, with each class holding office for four years. In keeping with the City Bar’s diversity objectives, of the 22 members, 12 are male and 10 are female, and 50% (11 of 22) are from historically underrepresented groups.
Since its founding in 1870, the NYCBA has been dedicated to maintaining the high ethical standards of the legal profession, promoting reform of the law and access to justice, and providing service to the profession and the public. The Association, through its 24,000 members, continues to work for political, legal and social reform, while implementing innovative means to help the disadvantaged. Protecting the public’s welfare remains one of the Association’s highest priorities.
A devoted advocate of diversity and inclusion, Boston also serves as the Chair of the National Bar Association’s Minority Partners in Majority Firms Division and Chair of the New York City Bar Association’s Enhance Diversity in the Profession Committee. She received the New York Law Journal’s 2014 Lifetime Achievement award and was recognized in 2015 by Savoy Magazine as one of the nation’s Most Influential Black Lawyers.
Also of Interest
- Shape of Things to Come: Protecting Product Configuration and Packaging Design September 26, 2016 • Articles
- On the Road to a Safe and Secure Internet of Things: What Companies Should Do September 19, 2016 • Articles
- Druckenbrodt Quoted in Bloomberg on Volkswagen Dieselgate September 14, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Arbisser Featured in The Recorder and Law360... September 7, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Following Five-Day Trial, Kaye Scholer Secures Win for Medicalgorithmics August 25, 2016 • Client Successes
- Doing Deals with Competitors: Beware of Taking Minority Equity Stakes or Board Seats August 24, 2016 • Articles
- Delaware Court Endorses Share Tracing in Order to Deny Appraisal Claims in Dell Merger August 24, 2016 • Articles
- UNITED STATES: Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015 Strengthens... August 23, 2016 • Articles