Sheila Boston at the 2016 Chambers Diversity USA Awards
Litigation partner Sheila Boston was recognized by the Chambers Diversity Awards USA 2016 for her “Outstanding Contribution to Furthering the Advancement of Diversity in the Legal Profession, Private Practice.” The award, which is in its inaugural year, provides a unique opportunity to celebrate the achievement of lawyers from non-traditional backgrounds and shines a spotlight on the firms and individuals creating positive change in the profession.
With 14 seminars held, and more than four years of extensive research on diversity in the USA, the awards represent the culminations of research and a new chapter for global diversity and in furthering the advancement of diversity within the law. This award highlights the work of trailblazers and thought leaders who are creating lifelong, diverse pathways in the legal profession by affecting positive change across all strands of diversity. Winning a Chambers Diversity Award sets a remarkably high precedent, and marks an internationally-recognized achievement of excellence in furthering the advancement of diversity and inclusion in the legal profession.
A devoted advocate of diversity and inclusion, Boston serves as the Chair of the National Bar Association’s Minority Partners in Majority Firms Division and Co-Chair of the New York City Bar Association’s Enhance Diversity in the Profession Committee. She received the New York Law Journal’s 2014 Lifetime Achievement award, was recognized by The Network Journal (TNJ) as one of its “25 Influential Black Women in Business” for 2016 and was named by Savoy Magazine as one of the nation’s Most Influential Black Lawyers in 2015.
Also of Interest
- What’s Really Remarkable about the Appeals Court Ruling on the CFPB October 20, 2016 • Articles
- Winning the War: Strategies for Prevailing in Consumer Fraud and False Advertising... October 17, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- 3D Printing: New Legal Issues Emerge with the Technology’s Revolutionary Potential October 10, 2016 • Articles
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- Antitrust Jurisprudence in the Second Circuit October 1, 2016 • Articles
- And Now A Word From The Panel: 3 Alternatives To MDLs September 28, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions