In a new and significant boost to both its Asia profile and its international operations, Kaye Scholer was recognized in the June 2016 issue of the renowned India Business Law Journal as one of the leading international law firms for India work in 2016. In addition to ranking the firm as a “Significant Player," IBLJ specifically highlighted the efforts of London-based aviation partners Philip Perrotta and Sidanth Rajagopal.
Much of the India work Kaye Scholer is involved in relates to the aviation sector, IBLJ says. “With a deep bench of senior lawyers in its aviation finance and leasing practice, the firm is a magnet for financial institutions, aircraft operating lessors, aircraft and engine manufacturers, PE and hedge funds, and airlines, which it serves in relation to commercial, cargo and private jet aircraft transactions.”
Citing Perrotta and Rajagopal’s arrival at Kaye Scholer in 2014, IBLJ notes that the two partners, “have increased the size and scope of the firm’s aviation finance capabilities throughout the Middle East, Africa and South Asia, with a specific focus on India.”
This is the tenth year that IBLJ has conducted its survey of the top foreign firms for India work. Its findings are based on extensive consultation with India-focused corporate counsel around the world, submissions received from hundreds of different law firms, and interviews and research carried out by its editorial team.
Also of Interest
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions
- What’s Really Remarkable about the Appeals Court Ruling on the CFPB October 20, 2016 • Articles
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Asghar Quoted in Airfinance Journal on Iran Aseman Airlines October 10, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer Advises The Mortgage Lender on £250 Million Warehouse Financing September 2, 2016 • Client Successes