In a new and significant boost to both its Asia profile and its international operations, Kaye Scholer was recognized in the June 2016 issue of the renowned India Business Law Journal as one of the leading international law firms for India work in 2016. In addition to ranking the firm as a “Significant Player," IBLJ specifically highlighted the efforts of London-based aviation partners Philip Perrotta and Sidanth Rajagopal.
Much of the India work Kaye Scholer is involved in relates to the aviation sector, IBLJ says. “With a deep bench of senior lawyers in its aviation finance and leasing practice, the firm is a magnet for financial institutions, aircraft operating lessors, aircraft and engine manufacturers, PE and hedge funds, and airlines, which it serves in relation to commercial, cargo and private jet aircraft transactions.”
Citing Perrotta and Rajagopal’s arrival at Kaye Scholer in 2014, IBLJ notes that the two partners, “have increased the size and scope of the firm’s aviation finance capabilities throughout the Middle East, Africa and South Asia, with a specific focus on India.”
This is the tenth year that IBLJ has conducted its survey of the top foreign firms for India work. Its findings are based on extensive consultation with India-focused corporate counsel around the world, submissions received from hundreds of different law firms, and interviews and research carried out by its editorial team.
Also of Interest
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Golodner Quoted in IFLR on Proposed NYS Digital Security Laws November 29, 2016 • Media Mentions
- The Strategic View—Aviation UK November 17, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Who’s the Lender? Two “True Lender” Cases with Implications for Marketplace Platforms November 10, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Biohaven on Oversubscribed Private Financing November 4, 2016 • Client Successes
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions